Continental
Topic Author

MSP-PVD On NWA CRJ

Wed Sep 05, 2001 9:27 am

Tuesday, September 4, 2001
Northwest Airlines flight #5617
Minneapolis, MN (MSP) to Providence, RI (PVD)
Departure Time: 1:00 PM
Arrival Time: 4:55 PM
CRJ
------------------------------------
I arrived at MSP late, and when I got to the gate, they were boarding. I was last one on, but seat 2A was still open. The entire aircraft was filled, and the new CRJ looked really nice, and smelt new. I sat down, and pulled back from the gate at 1:10 PM. The CRJ pulled onto the runway, but had to let a NWA 757, NWA 727 takeoff, and a UA 737 land. We tookoff, and the CRJ takeoff was amazing. It was smooth, very smooth. Over Wisconsin, I saw a UA 767 pass higher above us. The food was great, I nice chicken salad, chilled fruit, candy, beverages, and some other stuff. It was a very enjoyable flight, with little to no turbulance. The CRJ is very quiet. We descended over Connecticut, and flew to Rhode Island. We got to PVD, and made a very nice touchdown on the runway. We taxiied for a while, and saw UA 757s, Delta 737s, and a few other aircraft. We pulled to our gate, and unboarded the aircraft, and I met my relatives on the other side of the jetway. PVD's terminal isn't that bad, I kinda liked it. Overall, I give this flight a (10/10) I loved the new CRJ.

Continental (I'll post the return flight too!)

pgh234

RE: MSP-PVD On NWA CRJ

Wed Sep 05, 2001 10:37 am

That is a long flight on a CRJ. You didn't think that was too long on such a small plane?

pgh234

Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:28 am

That sounds like a great flight. Glad you liked Express Airlines I/NW Airlink. I would certinly take a CRJ for a flight that long, especially with the leather seats and the meal services. Great Report.

Continental
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:42 am

Well, I knew it was going to be a CRJ. It's a new route, so they are testing it with a CRJ, and the CRJ is quite comfortable for that long of a flight.

Continental

airlinelover

Wed Sep 05, 2001 12:47 pm

Glad you liked your CRJ experience.. I haven't had one yet.. (unfortunately..) I hope to soon though!

Look forward to your return report!

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply