MSYtristar
Topic Author

First Flight On Continental Since 1993!

Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:07 pm

Yesterday I boarded my first CO flight since 1993, a 737-500 from PVD to EWR. I must say I was very impressed. The flight was a short one, only 40 min., but the f/a's were pleasant, and the seats were comfortable. The plane was clean, and I enjoyed the Margarita. The flight was scenic, not a cloud in the sky, and I saw the entire NYC skyline on approach. It's really weird not seeing the Twin Towers. The last time I saw them was on 9/1 from a DL 767-200 en route to BOS. Never thought I would never see them again.

I connected in EWR to a 737-300 for my flight to MSY. It was my first time connecting in EWR, and I thought it was ok overall. I saw some heavy iron, 777's, 340's, a few 767's...nice variety. The flight down to MSY was very smooth, duration was 2 hours and 40 minutes. We were served a ham sandwhich with carrot sticks and a cookie. And another Margarita of course. We touched down in MSY about 30 minutes early, which was a surprise.

Right now, I'm enjoying my week off. When I return next Saturday to begin my final trimester of college,I'll be going back in style....I'm getting on a 777 from IAH to EWR!!! Should be lotsa fun, those 777's are really something. I apologize for the brevity of this trip report, but I'm really tired.

Until then, have a safe and happy holiday season!!!!

Stephen in New Orleans