I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

Suggestions Would Be Appreciated

Thu Jan 31, 2002 7:19 am

Hey everyone! I actually have some time off from the 16th-18th of March and I want to fly somewhere. The thing is though I am not exactly sure where I want to go and what airline I want to fly. So I need your help. I would love to make a short trip 'across the pond' for the very first time and I have seen some excellent coach fares. What is the best transatlantic airline in all classes. Food service and leg room is a major factor for me. Also if anyone knows how to get upgraded for a small fee on the transatlantic flight I would appreciate that info. But if you think I should take a trip domestically tell me to. I really want to try Midwest Express. I was thinking about flying them somewhere to Wisconsin. Midwest Express is only an idea though. I want to try an airline I usually don't travel. My big ones are United, Continental, and Delta. Tell me what you think I should do. Should I fly somewhere domestically? Or take a trip to Europe for the first time? By the way I can leave from any NYC airport or PHL. Also if you have any info how to get upgraded internationally or domestically that would be appreciated. I don't have enough miles and I ran out of certificates. Price is an issue and I want to keep it under $500 including flight and hotel if possible. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Skyway1

RE: Suggestions Would Be Appreciated

Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:37 pm

I LOVE EWR,

You really should try Midwest Express! Especially now because even ME is offering some dirt cheap fares. I can tell you that ME is everything it's cracked up to be, the bad thing is they don't fly everywhere and they don't have alot of frequencies to where they do fly. If you try ME you won't be disappointed!

Chris
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Prinair

Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:23 pm

Should you fly HP, let me know and I can arrange a courtesy upgrade.
PRINAIR : Puerto Rico International Airlines

BA747-436

Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:00 pm

Well if you are looking to transatlantic from the US-UK for example, i would hve to say British airways is the way to go.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Dan Valentine - Bad Ass MOFO Photographer

I LOVE EWR
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:12 pm

Skyway1 I have a question. I was looking at ME website and they have Dornier Jet service from MKE to some cities I may be interested in going to. On the website they said a snack is offered. What does that include? Is it better than your run of the mill RJ service? Thanks for responding I will keep you all informed on my choice.

Skyway1

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:18 am

I LOVE EWR,

It mostly depends to where you're flying the 328JET. If you're flying short distances it might just be a snack. I haven't paid much attention to what meal service has been offered lately, so I would probably have to check on that. So, if you give me some information on flights then I could probably help you out a little more. I do know that the Skyway rj flights do have all the amenities that ME does.

Chris
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Arsenal@LHR

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:57 am

I'd suggest BA JFK-LHR, for a weekend in London  Big thumbs up
In Arsene we trust!!

mighluss

Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:37 am

So I must suggest DL flight JFK-MAD-BCN. you will love Barcelona if you go!
Miquel.

traveler

Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:53 pm

Hello !

You should try Montréal, Québec, Canada. It is a superb city, cheap and people are very nice. Do not forget for 100.00 $ USD you get 163.00 CDN. I am sure there are some great air deals out there.

Good luck
Traveler