Hamfist
Topic Author

MCO - ATL...my First 777 Flight

Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:57 am

17 Feb 2002 -- Delta Flight 168

I'm not exactly a frequent flyer, but I do have enough hours under my belt to know the queen of the skies when she's giving me a ride!

Just came back from a four day run down to Disney. I purchased my tickets on Delta about a month ago and, to be honest, I had been looking forward to the flight home as much as the trip.

After waiting, impatiently, at the end of the runway for about 5-7 minutes, we finally took to the runway and readied for departure. When those huge engines roared to life, I suddenly became one of those 6-year olds that surrounded me for the last few days--like I had just seen Mickey & Goofy for the very first time.

The flight lasted just over an hour. Thanks to my own personal TV(full of flight info), I noticed that we leveled off at 41k, found a 93 knot headwind and cruised through a cool -59F outside temp. The map also clued me in that we passed just west of Daytona right about the time the Daytona 500 was set to get underway. Not sure if I could quite make out the track, but I did see a runway that I believe was the runway adjacent to the facility.

The rest of the flight over Jacksonville, southeast and central Georgia was uneventful. However, I won't forget that landing for a while. I think I had a former Navy pilot because the hard landing caused one lady to let out a "good-Lord" sigh heard by everyone  Laugh out loud

Well, it's safe to say I will scan my future flight choices to see if the 777 lurks in the selection. Once you've done her, nothing else will do  Wink/being sarcastic

P.S. The only thing bad about my trip back home...having to board my ATR for the final leg!

Stretch 8

RE: MCO - ATL...my First 777 Flight

Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:11 pm

Thanks for the report. I will be flying to MCO from IAD next week, and I note from the Delta schedule that nearly all of the MCO-ATL flights are either 67s or 77s. My first 777 flight on British last summer was memorable!
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

fanoftristars

Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:05 am

"once you've done her nothing else will do"  Smile

One of these days I'll do DL's tripple 7
"FLY DELTA JETS"

hartsfieldboy

Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:28 pm

I flew on Delta's 777 to from Altanta to London in economy, and I found the seat to be very uncomfortable. The remote/phone is located right on the armrest, and the buttons dig into your arm if you rest your arm there. Also, I had less leg room than what I usually am used to in Economy. The DL 737-800 is waaaaay more comfortable. The trip back, I flew in BusinessElite, which was much better.

Dazed767

Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:36 pm

Lucky, I was supposed to be on flight 1975 from ATL-MCO last July 31st (which is a 777), and would have been my first, but I missed it on purpose (what a tough choice!!), to go to the L1011 party.

airplanetire

Sat Mar 02, 2002 8:30 am

Nice report. I've never flown the 777 yet, but I can't wait for my first time. I actually see some chances in the next few months. There is a good chance that I'll be flying ATL-DUB and then back a week later, in April or May, and that flight was a 777 until the winter in which it switched to the MD-11, but it could be back to 777 by spring. I hope so. I flew the MD-11 on Delta from ATL-BRU and back two weeks later, in economy both ways, and it was awful. I would be in economy on the 777, but I'm sure it's better. I'm also deffinately going to Spain and France in June, and I'm sure I'll get a 777 at least one way (ATL-BCN there might be connections and back CDG-ATL, also possibly with connections).

scottysair

Sat Mar 02, 2002 12:13 pm

Me too!!! I was flew on triple B777 as for me from ATL-MCO on #18 by April 26, 2000. That I was flew to MHT visit my brother as for my vacations from work. I remember that did flew on my new airplane with B777. It was ship #7001. I remember that is one came here at my FLL airport by 2 years ago and that was replaced B767-300. I was use work there at my FLL airport by North terminal with Delta. That is one my favorites airlines Delta as for me. Which one is sound very good. I remember that was came here triple 777 about 9 times there over of months. Well, that it as for now. I remember around use there at my triple 777. Well, see ya!!!

Regards,

Scott W.