June 12th
AA954
TGU-MIA
Boeing 757-223
N699AN

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris White

We got to the airport a 9:30 AM for our 1:15PM departure. We got through the ticket counter in 20 minutes and then crossed the highway and ate a Pizza Hut. At 11:15 we headed back to the departure lounge and cleared security in no time flat. My bag had to be rescanned for some reason but then was deemed OK. I immediately got my camera ready because in a couple of minutes Continental and American would be landing. Continental landed first (as it should) and they landed on runway 19. Aircraft was N14371. Then, ten minutes later American landed on runway 19. Aircraft was of cours N699AN. At 12:30PM we started to board. I had talked to the pilots while they were in the departure lounge and was OK for a cockpit visit. After boarding the aircraft, I got into the cocpit and talked to the pilots after they finished their checklists. After ten minutes I excused myself to the back because they were about to commence pushback. I unfortunately got the emergency exit. Although it gives you great legroom, it is awful for getting good pictures. Landing in MIA was smooth and on runway 9R. It took us one hour to taxi to the gate. apparently the plane at our gate was having mechanical difficulties and we waited for another gate to open up for us. After 30 minutes gate E21 was opened for us. We high tailed it into the terminal and ran to customs.

June 12th
MIA-BWI-PHL
AA1012
Reg. unknown
Our second flight of the day was from MIA to BWI. As noted above, the flight continued on to PHL. This was because the MIA-PHL plane was broken. Our flights were combined and we were full. Smooth flight and smooth landing on runway 33R. Must close.

TGUman
Life is a Mine Field.

CMK10

RE: TGU-BWI On AA.

Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:54 am

Nice report, what airport is TGU?
DC-10's Forever
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

djcrooks

Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:52 am

Tegucigalpa, Honduras - Toncontín Airport.

chepos

Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:14 pm

Hi Tguman
How long is the flight from TGU to MIA?
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

tguman

Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:57 pm

'bout two hours Chepos. Its normally a beautiful flight, but that day was cloudy. In the early moments of the flight, we were doing what seemed to be lazy eights to avoid turbulence. It was awesome. TGUman
Life is a Mine Field.

chepos

Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:52 pm

Yes views of Central America from the air are just amazing. When I flew out of Tocumen last summer I was just amazed at the beautiful Panamanian landscape and the lush green mountains.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

sleekjet

Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:57 am

Tguman: Did the N699NA have the new AA interior?
II Cor. 4:17-18