coachsleeper (no a.net) wrote (flyertalk.com), also on general aviation forum
Next Tuesday I have to give a short research presentation. I would greatly appreciated if you could fill in the next 4 short questions. I will summarize & discuss the results next Wednesday Nov 6th on a separate threads
Highly Appreciated !!
When choosing an airline a lot of things play a role such as memory’s on your last flight
I. How long ago was your most recent flight ?
II. How do you rate last your flight with this airline ?
- great !
- hmmm …
- disappointing ..
III. Thinking back, what details you remember on this flight that stood out most positively or negative ?
IV. Would the things you just remembered make you select or avoid this airline next time ? (that is if you have a choice …
- Yes, I would even spend some (well, max. $20) extra to get them again / avoid them !
- Not sure, other things are more important
- I probably won’t remember it at the moment I have to choose ..
- No, because …
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
3. The equipment, 757-200, a narrowbody on such a long flight
4. No, each flight is different and the equipment is only one factor out of many involved in booking flights (plus I did not have control over the travel arrangements for this trip, otherwise I would not have picked this specific flight)
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru
3. The food was absolutely delicious--best I've ever had on a plane; all flights
on time. On the negative side: long connecting times at ZRH (and ZRH, to
me, isn't the best place in the world to be stuck in for 4+ hours); awful
seat pitch and narrow seats; stopping in RUH for an hour.
4. Yes: overall great product--and great price for it, too.
1. 9th September, Garuda Pekanbaru - Jakarta, B734
3. Plane looked like it needed repainting. Crew was excellently friendly, efficient and caring.
4. No. My company policy at the moment for domestic flight is Garuda first choice. But even if I pay for it myself, I'd take them... though my curiousity of trying different airlines could get the better of me sometimes.
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !
1) VLC-MAD-AMS-MAD-VLC , all in Iberia last March.
3) No special details. Flown so much with IB, no longer find surprises.
4) Yes. Mainly because of IB Plus (FF program), and efficient service.
I flew Jul 14/Jul 17 SW MHT-BWI-MHT
My feeling about this flight was hmmm........
III. The service was terrible......... as was the arrogance of the check-in agents. And the planes were pretty old. (732/735 (was pretty good)
IIII. I would avoid SW because of the terrible service, but, they took over the routewhen MetroJet became defunct.
1.) November 3, 2002; Delta Air Lines; DCA-JFK-ATL-JAX
2.) Coach is typical. Business Elite had excellent seat pitch, decent enough meal. Pleasant crews all around.
3.) Near-flat of the BizElite seat stood out, allowing me to sleep soundly.
4.) If the fare was competitive, I'd fly Delta again but would rather fly AA for frequent flyer reasons.
1) August 18th 2002. ORD-LHR. United Airlines, 777-222. seat 24C.
2) Good. Was a last minute switch as I had missed my BD connection to Manchester. Staff at ORD were excellent and helpful in re-routing me to LHR.
3) Positive - Ecomony Plus (first time in that section).
4) Yes, would fly them again, in fact have just spent £10 more for the next trip to ensure UA and Economy + and Mileage Plus. I also find UA's customer service excellent.
Excellent cabin crew
Nice bulkhead seat for legs
I fly the airline mainly because it's convenient for me and I have mileage with them and I have flown it my entire life. Fares are generally good and crew all around is usually great. But if an airline with a better fare comes along that's at least $20 cheaper, I'll fly them.
1.- 10 days ago (monday 28th October) MAD-SVO Aeroflot SU 300. TU 154M
2.- Worse than disappointing
3.- Positively - We flew 4 hours instead of the usual 5
Negatively - Got the TU instead of the usual B737 or A310
- Was seated in the last row next to the engines
- Had to change seats to accommodate 4 handcuffed passengers.
- Got a seat in the midst of the Russian national rugby team (no joke).
4.- I would fly them again anyway. Return ticket was 299 $ for a direct flight compared to the 450 $ minimum with any other European carrier and one connection.
3. I really liked the New Northwest Terminal in Detroit. First flights in A319 and Embraer 145 of Continental Express. I LOVED Continental's service in EWR-MEX flight segment. The fare... Everything for about $350.00.
4. Definetely... Great airlines, fares and airports. (except for Newark)
Yo soy yo más mis circunstancias - J. Ortega y Gasset