Northwesta319
Topic Author

The Best Flight Of My Life

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:46 pm

It was another humid Illinois morning as I checked in my bags at the skycap at Chicago Midway Airport. I checked the flight information boards, and headed to gate A3. I was on ATA flight 575, nonstop to Phoenix. My grandmother was traveling with me at the time, we were visiting some family in Scottsdale.

After getting an advance seat assignment in row 21, we were bumped up to row 2 after checking in at the gate. My grandmother and I walked down the jetway and onto the plane where we were greeted with a warm hello. The plane seemed very large, even for a 757-200 (N515AT). ATA has no first class, so we were in coach. The seats were very comfortable. I even saw that there were televisions over the aisle, and headphone jacks in the armrests.

The door was sealed and the first television came down, and the "fasten seat belt light" came on and a safety video came on. We then took off and very soon were offered drinks.

Some snacks were handed out and with headphones. The saftey video said they were $1.00, but they were free on this flight. I looked at the music choice channel card when "A Beautiful Mind" came on the video screens.

What suprised me the most was that about two hours into the flight, even more food was handed out, but it was HOT. I was thinking...hot food, low fare airline... this is great.

Sadly enough, we landed in Phoenix and deplaned. That was the best flight of my life and I would go back another time if I could get the chance.

luv2fly

RE: The Best Flight Of My Life

Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:42 pm

Glad to hear good things! I recently took ATA to CUN from CLE on a charter flight and was very impressed overall. Trip report to come.
You can cut the irony with a knife

MEA-707

Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:56 pm

that is interesting, considering 3,5 hour flights like this, just short of the 4 hour limit, are now "pretzils only" flights for some of the "full service carriers" like Northwest, America West and American.
Exactly what were the snack and hot food items?
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Northwesta319
Topic Author

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:38 am

The Snacks Were: A Bag of Cheese Snack Mix, ATA Cookies, and a hot cheese filled crossiant (home flight was same-but instead of crossiant there were hot pockets)