jsnww81

Upcoming Photo Trip Report - Help Needed!

Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:03 am

Hey all:

I've got an ORD-ATL-STL-DFW report ready for posting and TONS of photos I'd like to post along with it.

It may be a little off-topic (moderators, please be forgiving!) but my question is this: can anyone recommend a good *free* webpage provider that will allow me to hotlink my photos directly to the trip report? I've already created the html files with the pictures and just need a site that allows hotlinking.

I tried Topcities, but they don't allow remote hotlinking. I'd really like to have the photos in the body of my trip report.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Continental

RE: Upcoming Photo Trip Report - Help Needed!

Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:10 am

Ok, this is what I do. First off, if you saw my recent post, I don't like to have the pics really huge. First, I take them into Adobe Photoshop (Kazaa if you don't have it) and resize to 800. I then go to save as, and it asks about the quality, which doesn't decrease much if you drag the slider down, I set it to where it's a little less than 100kb. Why a little less than 100kb? Well, I host them on a temporary server which'll hold them for a year or so for free at flightsim.com. I go into their forums, and sign in, upload them, it then gives you an address for that photo, you copy the link, paste it in here, and there you go, you've got a photo! All 100% free!

co

jsnww81

Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:13 am

Continental:

OK, I went to Flightsim.com, but I'm extremely confused.

Where do I go to upload the files? I didn't see anything like that in the forums. I think I need a blow-by-blow walkthrough here.

Not internet-savvy,
JS

jsnww81

Sun Jun 29, 2003 8:07 am

Alright, Geocities lets you hotlink... my report is online! Tons of photos.