Northwesta319
Topic Author

MDW-PHL-DTW-PHX-LAX-ORD With TZ, NW, HP And UA

Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:15 am

--Please Note: This Is Not My Report. A Friend Wrote This And Wants Me To Post It. I Then Need To Tell Her What People Think, Then She Might Join.
Enjoy! (Flight Numbers May Be Wrong)

July 24, 2003

ATA flight 232
MDW-PHL, 737-800

Got on the el at the Oak Park station and took it to where I connected to the trains that took me to Midway. Now usually, I would use O'Hare, but I wanted to try some new airlines (the trip was to see extended family all over the U.S.)

Checked In with no probelm, had one carry-on, with all my clothes in it. Flight took off on time, usual drinks and snacks (peanuts) were served.
Deplaned. Rented a car drove to Moorestown, NJ.

July 28, 2003

Northwest 1775
PHL-DTW DC-9

Returned car and waited in gate. Checked in too early, long wait. Finally get onto the airplane. Sat in the back, (bad idea) the plane was very loud in flight, probably because I was next to the engine. Fell asleep, woke up at landing. Friend picked me up and we were off to Detroit!

July 30, 2003

America West 27
DTW-PHX, A320

Was dropped off by friend, took off late, slept through entire flight (very sleepy) and woke up once again during landing.

I really liked the PHX airport, it had a lot of indian art on it, easy to get around. The Southwest gates were packed, though.

July 31, 2003

America West Express (MESA) ????
PHX-LAX, CRJ

Very hot onboard CRJ, quick jump to LAX where I visited some more family. Had a great time. Do not want to go on any more planes!!!!!!

August 6, 2003

United 102
LAX-ORD, 763

Tried to sleep during flight, felt sick so rejected the meal (forgot what it was) finally landed, long flight. Got back on the blue line and took it to the transfer station, took it to Oak Park and walked home. Good to be home.

Grass Was Long.

Leigh K.

jeffrey1970

RE: MDW-PHL-DTW-PHX-LAX-ORD With TZ, NW, HP And UA

Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:00 am

Tell her it is not a bad start, but she should be more descriptive. Especially since Midway has had a lot of changes lately. It is nice to read about a person's experience at an airport along with what there flight was like. Otherwise, she did a good job of breaking up the report so it was easy to understand what flights she was talking about.

God bless through Jesus with lots of love,

Jeff
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

catholic2006

Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:17 am

Hey Pat!!
Tell your friend that she should definitely join!! It's really fun (unless ppl insult you to death like they did me), and it's all about learning!!! That was a good report, and I probably wouldn't want to fly all of those planes either so I don't blame her. Well, g2g!! God bless!!!

-Chris
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

BNE

Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:44 pm

If you are going to write a trip report best to not sleep on the flight.
Also a good idea to take a note pad to record any details.

Quite good for a first time report and definitely a different trip experience.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

catholic2006

Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:06 am

I think that next time I fly I will bring a notebook. It would help make my reports even more accurate. Thanks for the advice.

-Chris
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !