SJU-DFW, American Airlines, Business Class

Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:45 pm

At the request of a few people, I'm posting the notes of mine from a couple of my recent flights. I'm only posting those of interest, namely those in premium cabins or on routes not commonly seen on this forum. I don't think that a dozen DFW-STL or DFW-ORD flights are interesting to either you or especially me (as I had to sit through them).

AA601
SJU-DFW
7 August 2003
B757-200
N602AN
5:10p-9:03p

-Originally scheduled on 2:40pm departure. Flight cancelled. Rebooked via service counter at gate 6, which took approximately 30 minutes. Traveling as A11 in E class.
-Rebooked into middle seat, exit row in coach. Changed to Business Class, seat 5A, by supervisors at Executive Airlines.
-Departed from gate 9.
-Boarding began at 4:30pm.
-B757-200 with old interiors/seats in both cabins. Pillow, blanket, and headphones on each seat. Completely full flight.
-Purser Ed and flight attendant Pam serving in Business Class (domestic First cabin). Predeparture choices of orange juice, champagne, or mimosa. Sodas available if requested.
-Dinner order taken after ontime pushback. No printed menus, but choice of crusted tuba fish, penne pasta in creamy pesto sauce, or chicken over pasta. FEBO followed for orders. Everybody seemed to get their first meal choice.
-After take-off from runway 8, movie “X Men: United” began, followed by standard CBS Eye on American. Hot towels and table clothes distributed, followed by ramekin of warm mixed nuts and beverage of choice.
-Salad delivered from cart, with choice of wines or water. Mixed greens with balsamic or pesto ranch dressing. Choice of wheat or sourdough rolls.
-Salad plate removed from tray, replaced with entrée. Pasta came in a bowl, with vegetables on top. A second round of bread was offered as well as drink refills.
-After clearing trays, sundae cart presented. Standard AA sundae of vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and mixed nuts covered with butterscotch, strawberries, or fudge. Coffee and after dinner drinks offered from the same cart.
-Several offers of drinks throughout the remaining three hours of the flight.
-Turbulence and seat-belt sign on for the final two hours.
-Water offered prior to descent. Early landing in DFW, followed by a half hour wait for a gate, arrived slightly late into the low C gates.

chepos

RE: SJU-DFW, American Airlines, Business Class

Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:34 am

Your original flight to DFW was cancelled ? Do you know the reason why it was cancelled ? Sorry for the questions but Im kind of curious.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed your stay in Puerto Rico and good trip report.
Chepos
Fly the Flag!!!!

RE: SJU-DFW, American Airlines, Business Class

Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:38 am

Your original flight to DFW was cancelled ? Do you know the reason why it was cancelled ? Sorry for the questions but Im kind of curious.

My original DFW flight was cancelled (both the outbound and the inbound apparently). I logged into Sabre and it just said the aircraft was out of service in Dallas. It wasn't a surprise, as it was only 40% booked, and they managed to reaccommodate near everybody on other flights within a couple of hours.