eg777er

Concorde: A Dream Come True....and What A Dream!

Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:28 pm

Well, I've just got back from the trip of a lifetime.

Last Wednesday, I managed to get a 'I' class ticket for Monday 8th September on the 'Rocket'.

G-BOAG stepped up to do her duty........and left me speechless. What a wonderful aircraft. The experience is so perfect, such a raw expression of what mankind can achieve. I am, as no doubt you can see, a believer.

A full trip report to follow........photos, .wav files, the lot. It's going to take me a while.........BUT STAY TUNED!!!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Fraser watt

MikeNE3

RE: Concorde: A Dream Come True....and What A Dream!

Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:05 am

Look forward to seeinghearing your report eg777R.
I flew BA 001 supersonic on board G-BOAF on July 12th this year and for me this was a dream come true. I don't mind admitting I felt quite emotional as we taxiied out to 27R and it all sank in.

I'm gonna miss her...flying out of LHR in future just won't be the same when theres no Concorde spotting to be had.

Mike

GDB

Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:11 am

Glad you got on, I look forward to your report, you were on the same flight as Jane Tomlinson.

(Mother of 3 Jane, is terminally ill with cancer, yet she has completed a huge range of charity events like walks, cycling, running marathons, raising a lot of money despite being in constant pain, so GMTV gave her, her husband and 3 kids, tickets to NY on Concorde, it was televised s maybe we've seen eg777er already!)

eg777er

Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:48 pm

maybe we've seen eg777er already!

I'd be the prat at the back (24A) giggling like a schoolboy all the way to JFK!