upsmd11

SDF - ORD - ATL

Tue May 18, 2004 12:59 pm

Today I flew SDF - ORD - ATL on AA. I flew from SDF to ORD on an ERJ 145, nice flight few bumps into ORD was the only problems. Once on the ground in ORD I had the pleasure of seeing some great aircraft.

There were several UA 744's on the ground and at the International terminal there was an SAS A330, KLM 744, Lufthansa 744, British 777 and some AA and UA craft.

The KL 744 was in the new colors so that's the first time I've seen it up close and personal.

Flight to ATL was on an F100, which is great. With these puppies being retired soon it was nice to get a final ride on one. I also took my final ride on a UA DC10 from ORD to MCO back in November 2000. Those were the days.

Anyway, great flight to ATL just some thunderstorms right around the airport and a wet landing.

John

RE: SDF - ORD - ATL

Tue May 18, 2004 3:25 pm

SDF-ORD-ATL? Wow, that's an interesting routing! I've done worse, but only if there's miles (and usually no regional jets) involved... hopefully I too will get on AA's F100 before they're retired, but they've been yanked from D-Town...