Topic Author
Posts: 2404
Joined: Thu May 25, 2000 10:52 am


Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:19 am

Hey yall, I had to fly to Purdue...well fly into Indy then drive to West Lafayette where Purdue is to register for my classes.

So, here goes:


Check-in and security took maybe 15min. total, leaving my mom and I with an hour and a half to kill before our flight left, so we grabbed some McD's breakfast and hung out. When the boarding process started we were in zone 4 I believe...I dont like the whole zone boarding thing...dont ask me why, I just dont. We left on-time and after rotation and gear retraction there were people clapping. Now Ive heard applause on touch-down and whatnot but never take-off. Anyway, we cruised at fl330 initially, drifting up to fl380 as the flight progressed. The movie was 50 first dates.....allright, nothin I would have paid to see in the theaters, and there was a snack/beverage service as per norm nowdays. It was a bit of a bumpy descent into ATL due to isolated storms, and we arrived on-time and taxied to A-concourse.


We got to our next gate with around 30min. to spare and grabbed some Burger King (it was an all-health food day) but when we arrived back at our gate we learned that the flight was delayed for a while due to severe weather to the north of the airport...well of course we were flyin north soooo there we sat. They began boarding when it looked like the wx was improving. We pushed roughly 15min. late and right after engine start the Captain announced that he and the first office were a "lil bit bummed cuz they shut down the airport again". We ended up sitting for a while with the engines shut down and finally got em started and began taxiing to the runway only to wait another 35min. in the takeoff que. Finally it was our turn for takeoff and after a short hour long flight we landed in IND all told roughly an hour and a half late.

Comair CRJ-700

We arrived about an hour and 30 min. before departure and check-in and security took around 20min. There was an ASA CRJ at our gate that had some problem...I dont know what, but it ended up making our Comair CRJ-700 hold for a while till they finally got out of the way. It took about 20min. to turn our CRJ and I was pleased with the difference between the earlier CRJ's and this one. Other than not being able to stand up straight in it, it was much more roomy seat-wise than the previous flights. Nothing much happened throughout the whole 23min. flight and the pilot greased the landing into CVG. We took the bus over to Concourse B where we waited for our MD-88 to arrive from Louisville. After a quick turn for the -88 we boarded and were off for a nice flight down to DFW. It was about a 2hr. ride, and I was on the starboard side of the aircraft so I had a nice view of the setting sun the whole way down.


Well, we got off the jet in DFW thinking we'd have only 10min, to make our connection for the flight home buuuut we arrived at the gate to learn that our flight was delayed for 2hrs. That was welcome news as we could use a breather, except that I was flying CO to SAT the next day so I needed to be home. They DL employees opened a room with food and drinks to us while we waited and I toured the DL terminal at DFW and ventured over to the commuter terminal for a bit and finally it was time to head home...2hrs. late. The flight was very nice, and we were happy to get into SAN...even if we were a little more than 2hrs. and 40min. late.

Overall I was pleased with DL, and wasnt mad about the delays becauise they were all Wx related....nothing anybody could do about that. The 763 was allright, I wish there was a little more room, the MD-88s were about the same and I was very pleased with the CR7.

CO 644

Well...I got home about 0130, fell asleep around 2 and woke up again at 4 to make my flight to IAH. I checked my bag and headed for security where there was nobody in-line, making it a breeze. I had roughly an hour to kill before departure and got a hot chocolate and relaxed at the gate I walked past not 5 hours earlier. We boarded and departed on time, and I must say I was very pleased with CO right off the bat. The flight to IAH had breakfast (SPecial K and a banana, but it was SOMETHING at least) and showed The Duplex which was entertaining. I arrived in IAH on-time and was very suprised at how large the airport is. It took 10min. of taxiing to get to our gate but we did get there. My connecting gate wasnt far away so I fell asleep for an hour or so and woke up to the boarding announcement for my next flight to SAT.

CO 279

This was a short flight, only 30min. in the air and I was relieved to hear that as I wanted to be in SAT very badly to see my girl. There was no snack service on board but understandably so, and it was relativley empty which was nice.

CO 778

This was easily the hardest flight I've ever had to make as it ment saying so-long to a very special girl. I stayed with her as long as I could and made it to the gate just as they announced boarding. We pushed and got off the ground ahead of schedule, and as I watched San Antonio slip behind us I began to wish I missed the flight. I was pretty bummed when we arrived in IAH 10min. ahead of schedule and walked for probably 15min. to my gate for the flight home.

CO 337

The 737-800 was already being boarded so I had no down-time between flights and was a little mad when they said they were waiting for connecting pax as this was the last flight of the day to SAN. We got off maybe 40min. late and the lights of Houston slipped beneath our jet as we winged our way westward. They had a snack and beverage service and showed Man On Fire, which suprised me because I did not think a movie like that would be allowed on something like an airplane. I tried watching it, but couldnt concentrate on it for more than a little bit at a time...my mind was definitley elsewhere. We got into SAN 30min. late and while happy to be home again, I still wish I was in San Antonio.

I was very impressed by CO, from Gordon Bethune's video, to the service and the aircraft. All were clean and very nice inside, and despite the 733 and MD80 being noticibly older, they too were still nice.

Oh, before I forget, I should have pics shortly.

Life is better when you surf.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fedeebach, vpat48 and 21 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos