Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:24 pm

June 21, 2004
Southwest Airlines Flt. 1025
PHX-BWI
Boeing 737-700 OC
Scheduled Departure Time: 9:05
Scheduled Time of Arrival: 4:40
(All Times Local Timezone)

I arrived at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International to long lines at both the ticket counters and security. Thankfully, the lines were long because of the large amounts of people-not the incompetency of the groundstaff. The line moved quickly and it was soon my turn at the check-in counter. Again, today I was flying as a youth, so I can request assistance but the additional fees and such do not apply to me. After being given my BWI boarding pass and my mom's parental pass through security, we proceeded up the escalators to the checkpoint area. Our pass through security was uneventful, and we arrived at the gate with much time to spare.

In the Terminal Four concourse I picked up a Cinnabon, and soon enough our plane arrived. As it turns out the plane was in old colors, and so were the rest of all the WN planes I boarded in this trip. In all the times I have flown WN not once have I been on a new plane. UGH! Anyway, I bid my mother farewell and boarded-picking up an aisle seat in row eighteen. My seatmates were a mother and daughter who lived in Baltimore-they disclosed to me that they weren't paying attention when they made vacation planes for the middle of June to go to Arizona of all places. The flight soon lifted off and the lights dimmed. I pulled out Watership Down and took a quick read before the drink and snackbox service. Peanuts were also served with that snackbox. The box contained some Lorna Doone Shortbread cookies, Cinnamon Teddy Grahams, and some Planters Peanut Butter sandwiches. After a couple more sodas I drifted to sleep on my tray table, awakening as the plane began its descent into the BWI area. I realized I had drooled on the table and was still wiping it up when we touched down. I could have pulled a better landing than this guy I would suspect-the left side of the aircraft touched down before the right. We deplaned into the newer concourse of Baltimore and I had to walk to the B gates-or maybe it was vice-versa-I still had to walk a ways./

After two plus hours in BWI-the Flight arrived early-at four, not four-fourty, I hopped on to Manchester.

June 21, 2004
Southwest Airlines Flt. 2108
BWI-MHT
Boeing 737-700 OC
Scheduled Departure Time: 6:30
Scheduled Time of Arrival: 7:50
(All Times Local Timezone)

The plane to Manchester was again a OC -700. I found a window seat next to two business men who kept talking about El Paso and Rochester-what an interesting conversation that proved to be! If the flight was any longer I would have died-but it wasn't so I was releaved to be in New Hampshire for a good sixteen days. (Actually I was in Maine.)

Coming up:

The Return

and

AS PHX-SEA-PHX

clrd2go

RE: WN PHX-BWI-MHT-BWI-PHX: The Best!

Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:20 am

Nice report..hope you enjoyed your stay in NH (and your visit to MHT..My
home airport!)..note, however, that one wheel touched down before the
other likely because of crosswind conditions, I suspect.

Jim
What a long strange trip it's been

airbus3801

Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:59 am

Hurry up with the return Ozzie Big grin

How was the service on your flights?

scottysair

Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:20 pm

Nice report and glad did you make on the -700.

PHLapproach

Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:15 pm

Since you flew MHT-BWI. You flew over my house crossing FL180 on descent. If I wern't in South Florida, I would have waved to you  Laugh out loud