dcrusafon

Cockpit Trip TFN-SPC-TFN On An ATR72 Lots Of Pics

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:40 am

Here is a "picture" report from a recent flight I made from Tenerife Norte (TFN) to La Palma (SPC) and the way back to Tenerife. The flight was made on board an ATR72 EC-GRU from Binter Canarias. The time flight for each leg is about 30 minutes.

Here there is some history of Binter Canarias if you want to read a little bit before get on board  Smile.
http://www.bintercanarias.es/ingles/nuestra_comp_historia.htm

I hope that you will enjoy it...I didn't write to much as I think that the best thing is to see it Big grin

Here we are waiting for the passengers.

Once the passengers were boarded and start up approved we proceed to runway 30. You can also see on the left another ATR taking off to

Here we are doing the check list and you can also see the island of Gran Canaria in the front.

And here we are on take off from runway 30.

For the flight we reached the 8000 feets and we went strait ahead to La Palma. We had some drink and we spoke about spotting…the people must know what do we do  Big thumbs up The minutes passed to me very fast and then I realised that we were approaching to La Palma.

The approach was visual as you can see to runway 01.

Here we are a little bit low…

Almost over the runway…

Prior to touch down. On the right side you can see the terminal building and also you can note that we were alone at this airport.

Finally, we have landed

After that we proceed to our parking following the follow me car

And here you have the photographer having some relax after such a bad experience  Big thumbs up I’m joking  Big thumbs up

Here you have the passenger cabin

A view of the ramp and the terminal building

After of 20 minutes stop, we were again online ready to go to Tenerife Norte. In front you can see an ATR42 from Islas Airways, the competitor of Binter in the Canarias Islands.

We made a backtrack to hold position on runway 01

And we made the checklist prior for take off…

After take off we turn to the right and we flown directly to TFN…here you can see a pic

Then we started the descent to TFN and I could have a spectacular view of the airport that was on our left.

Here on the left you can see Tenerife

And on the left due to the calima we can’t see the Teide, the higgest mountain Spain.

Here we are doing a left turn for a visual approach to runway 30. In the front the city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife

As the sun was in front I wasn’t able to make a picture of the runway…so here is the last pic…a nice follow me woman!!!!

And that’s all! I hope that you have enjoy the pictures and the trip!

I would like to thanks to Manuel and Carlos for this trip.

[Edited 2004-09-15 17:41:18]

[Edited 2004-09-15 17:42:36]

Sabena332

RE: Cockpit Trip TFN-SPC-TFN On An ATR72 Lots Of Pics

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:20 am

Fantastic photo trip report, reading and watching was a pleasure!

Flying on the cockpit jumpseat is much fun, isn't it? Unfortunately is it not possible anymore to get into the cockpit during the flight here in Germany because of a new stupid law, but fortunately there are certain European airlines which still allow jumpseat flights. In the last few months I had the big luck to spend a complete flight from CDG to MAN on the cockpit jumpseat of an A 318 (click here for a detailed report) and to enjoy descent and landing in the cockpit on another flight last week  Big thumbs up.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

levent

Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:21 am

Great report! Makes me long to my time with Denim Air, flying around Spain on the jump in Fokker 50s and Dash 8s...

FLIEGER67

Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:44 am

Hi Dario,
great report.
I remember my trip on an Binter ATR 72 from LPA to ACE in June this year.
Best regards,
Markus (FLIEGER67)
Tripreporter.net

dcrusafon

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:21 am

Sabena332: Yes, it is quite funny, it is something you don't forget...this year since I started spotting I have been very lucky as I have made some flights on jumpseat:

Britten MFN-ZQN
A340-600 MAD-TFN
DASH8 VLC-AGP
ATR72 TFN-SPC-TFN
ATR72 TFN-LPA-TFN
B732 AEP-MVD and my wife came too (she couldn't believe it)

And next tuesday I will go in theory to ALC and come back in cockpit 734 from PMI.

I will find the picture of some of them and put them here.

I don't know if here in Spain there any law for jumpseat rides. What I just know is that in theory you're not allow to make picture through the windows due to military reasons (old law from Franco time...)

Levent: you will have to come to PMI if you want to flight with Demin Air .

FLIEGER67: I will put some picture from LPA soon here from the trip.

Rgrds

DARIO

levent

Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:20 am

Having worked as OPS officer for Denim in Spain, I always sat on the jumpseat while flying around (except on the Barcelona-Turin flight, where the Air Nostrum cabin service is really good!) Apart from DNM/ANS the only other Spanish airline I jumpseated with was Iberworld, from Menorca to Valencia. Supposedly Iberia crew shouldn´t be allowed to accept ´normal´ passengers to occupy the jumpseat, but the captain is the one who decides.

dcrusafon

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:00 pm

Level,
I work on the IT division of Air Europa and I have an employee card which says that you are an airline staff and bla bla bla and that they have to give the best assistance available  Big thumbs up so it is easier to get inside...

I always say: you already have the NO from the crew to fly with them...and sometimes you have the surprise  Big grin

Ryan h

Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:27 pm

Interesting report.

The only time I have been in the cockpit during flight was on a recent ride to Kangaroo Island and back with Great Western Aviation on a Beech 1900C.
On the way back the pilot let me have a chat with him (there is no jumpseat, so I knelt in the doorway during the cruise).

Here is my report.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/47499/6/
South Australian Spotter www.ryanhothersall.net

pilatusguy

Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:20 am

Very nice report - great pictures!
Specially like the smurf - sticker in front of the PIC Big grin

dcrusafon

Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:29 am

Well, it is not a sticker...it is a mini smurf.
He uses a smurf each day...he has a bag with a lot of smurfs  Big grin

Sabena332

Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 am

Britten MFN-ZQN
A340-600 MAD-TFN
DASH8 VLC-AGP
ATR72 TFN-SPC-TFN
ATR72 TFN-LPA-TFN
B732 AEP-MVD and my wife came too (she couldn't believe it)

Wow, a very nice collection of jumpseat flights on many different aircraft types, until now I only flew jumpseat on the A 318, A 319, A 320, A 321 and the ATR-42. Well, at least I can say that I flew on the cockpit jumpseat on the whole A 320 family Big grin.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

scottysair

Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:04 am

Yeah, Patrick and this is really very nice trip report for him and saw with some a pictures on the ride with the jumpseater and will make many different types on the aircraft.

LHR27C

Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:46 pm

Wow, you are very lucky. Thanks for posting, the sheer quantity of photos is fantastic!

Oliver
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward

777ER
Crew

Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:05 pm

Excellent trip report and good quality pics. The pics really puts the reader/viewer in the jumpseat Smile
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

Kuba74

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Fantastic pics, remind me my jump-seat ride on an Eurolot ATR-42 back in July 2001.
Great job, thanks for posting it.
Kuba