DavidYYC
Topic Author

Zoom Air

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:29 am

I am surprised there are no reviews or trip reports on Zoom, a LLC operating transatlantic routes from major cities in Canada to UK. Anyone with any ZOOM experiences to share?

b737-200

RE: Zoom Air

Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:45 am

Hi! I had a flight from Toronto to Paris in their Premium Class 2 days ago! I quite liked Zoom airlines!The upgrade for 110CAD is a good deal for what you get, the seat comfort in Premium Class is ok, although they have a 2-3-2 seating. The food was also quite good,drinks were excellent and the crew was friendly. What I didn't like was that the personal at the check in counter in Toronto was extremely unfriendly (they wanted me to check in my only hand luggage because it didn't fit into the standard size testbox because the wheels of the bag were exactly 1cm too big,they were not able to argument and told me I'm not allowed to take it because it's a "charter flight" (?!?!) ...) and the airplane was dirty! Even in Premium Class I was able to see what they had to eat on the flight before and the Inflight Magazine (you can't really call it inflight mag,I read it from A-Z in 20min...) was totally torn and dirty!Also I had to wait at CDG airport 40min to get my baggage,the ZOOM priority baggage tag didn't help and we had to enter busses to get to the terminal. Anyway,I would book a ZOOM flight again.