FA4UA
Topic Author

UA PS Service In First Class

Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:58 am

I just got back from a SFO-JFK-SFO trip yesterday with a friend. We flew on the new PS 757 going to Kennedy and coming back was the old 762.

First class on the 757 was, overall, a great improvement from the old 762. The flat beds were great and if rumour is true we may be seeing more of these seats in International Business on UA which would be great. This product is certainly better than AA's in this market! The seat controls do take some getting used to and it's odd how the whole seat lowers itself (armrests included) quite low to the ground when you convert it to a bed.

The food was fantastic and, even though (due to weather issues) the flight was short staffed by one, the service was gracefull and nice.

The 757 is configured with an obscene amount of space for everyone!

The only negative to the PS aircraft was the entertainment. I hope they add more music channels and hopefully add built in PTV's for each seat. Holding those DVD players was cumbersome and impossible while I ate my dinner.

Good job UA! Overall a vast improvement from the old days! We're sure to make our competition fret over this one!

biasedly yours,
FA4UA
The debate continues... Starwood or Hyatt... which is better

usagypsy

RE: UA PS Service In First Class

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:15 pm

I agree... great product. I flew PS SFO-JFK... you can read the report..... but I didn't mind the DVD since the seat next to me was empty... actually most of the cabin was, what was your load like?

FA4UA
Topic Author

Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:34 pm

the load was booked 7 (of 12) in First, about 3/4 full in business, and 100% in economy.

The debate continues... Starwood or Hyatt... which is better

Cory6188

Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:24 am

When I saw your username and read the review, I thought to myself, "Well this is obviously going to be biased..." However, I liked the signoff - at least you admitted your preference for UA.  Big grin

SouthwestMDW

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Nice Report! I would love to try out first class P.S by United, but I don't think I an afford it!

ANNOYEDFA

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:08 pm

SouthwestMDW: It's ok.... I don't think UAL can afford it either LOL.... Sorry coulden't help it!
"TWA... One Mission, Yours."