mark777300

My Trip To FLL

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:37 pm

Just got back from my trip to FLL last night. I took SWA from ISP to FLL last week and came back on B6 FLL-JFK last night (FLT 50). Something that I found rather odd was that for the first time my flight on B6 had quite a few empty seats. In fact, It was only my wife and myself in our row. All the flights that I have taken with B6 have always been full to capacity. Hope that this is not a sign or something. Overall, considering that the weather was very bad in the New York area, we left on-time, arrived a little early, and the flight was very smooth. Excellent crew on-board.

The variety at FLL continues to improve. During my trip, I had a chance to see Westjet, JetsGo, Frontier, Spirit's new A321's and a few odd ball cargo aircrafts. There was a FED EX 727-100F without it's engines parked on the FED EX ramp clearly visible from the I-595 ramp. MIA still has that never ending flow of silver birds, but if you wait long enough you'll see Arrow Air's DC-10's, TAMPA's 767-200SF, TACA A320's, and a few other surprises including some charter flights from Canada and Europe. I found a few locations to plane watch, and I'm happy to say that at no point was I confronted by Police. The weather was great and helpful for photography.

fsuwxman

RE: My Trip To FLL

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:47 pm

That FedEx 722 (N510FE, I am pretty sure, I used to drive by it everyday, but it is hard to see when you are driving past it at 40mph) has been there sans engines since March. Actually if you drive on the Perimeter Rd., you will see the three engines, they are sitting there by the fence. It was the only jet hanging around the airport during the hurricanes, 'cause, well, it couldn't fly anywhere,
ASOS... Another Shi#y Observation Station

xjramper

Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:52 am

Are the seats on B6 as comfortable as they look? You can put a good looking seat cover on a really really bad seat. Thanks in advance for the info:

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

Carfield

Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:41 am

Yes, Jetblue's leather seats are very comfortable. The lumbar is good and the legroom is decent.

You will like B6 seats.

Carfield

xjramper

Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:54 am

Thanks for the info Car...I need to experience a B6 flight.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!