Topic Author

STL-MDW-STL: Meeting SouthwestMDW And Atrude777

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:46 am

Hey guys: yesterday I met two users, atrude777, and SouthwestMDW at STL. We started out the day by spending an hour or two together photographing the incoming and departing planes...we got some really cool shots (I do not have a digital camera, Alex and Pat did) Pat came in on an MD-80 from ORD on AA, then after spotting Pat (southwestmdw) and his dad went downtown on the Metrolink and boarded a flight to ORD shortly after I left with Alex on a WN flight to MDW. Alex (atrude777) and I boarded WN flight 351 to MDW at 1:00. We were on the Spirit of Kitty Hawk, N448WN, my first -700 with winglets Big grin. Alex got several cool shots of the wing with the spoilers up upon touchdown at MDW. Alex and I then spent three hours at MDW photographing countless numbers of WN 737s, ATA 757s and 737s, Air Tran 717s, and we also caught a DL 732 leaving for ATL. At 5:55 P.M. I boarded WN flight 2145 MDW-STL and headed home (Alex came to STL today)...(I was on the Spirit of Kitty Hawk again)! We took off at sunset (man do I wish I had my camera)...and we arrived in STL just after sunset. THanks for an awesome day Pat and Alex.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

RE: STL-MDW-STL: Meeting SouthwestMDW And Atrude777

Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:47 am

I had a ton of fun, thanks so much for all you help with getting on the Metrolink it totally worked, glad you had fun. Nice meeting you!

RE: STL-MDW-STL: Meeting SouthwestMDW And Atrude777

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:23 pm

To Patrick--
I hope you enjoyed the fair city of St. Louis.

To Thrust--
I haven't been to Midway in years and especially not since they have redone the terminal. Almost worth going up there and flying Southwest just to see it. Of course you can get some great fares flying up going through either DTW or MSP on Northwest. Depending on the time of the day, you'd get some great shots of the foreign tails at DTW or the 747's at MSP.

Ironically I was STL-ORD-STL last Saturday on AA. Then did it again Sunday on UAL, but connecting beyond.
if assumptions could fly, would be the world's busiest airport