united905

TFN To MAD On Iberia

Thu May 19, 2005 8:54 am

Ok this is my first trip report so here goes.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gustavo Bertrán - Iberian Spotters

flight no
ib 959 tfn to mad depp 11.25
aircraft b744
I waited with much anticipation in the depature lounge at tfn.My travels started the day before at lhr but the trip out was so bad im not gona report on it.I really didn't think the 744 was gona turn up with the kinda luck id had but she did my first 747 .TF AMA.I went to gate 13 and joined the queue finely it was time to board.As I boarded i was totally amazed by the size i looked to my left to see the cabin and how it narrows to the nose.Id been allocated seat 55l witch meant walking right thorough the aircraft how cool.I sat down a looked at the winglet.The tug slowly pushed us back then the engines were started.We taxied to the runway holding point not even stopping at the hold and full power was applied this was the moment id waited for.It was a fast take off as AMA was only about half full.As we settled in to the cruise and the cabin crew came round with food for purchase they were ok no young crew on this flight though.The plane was clean inside and out and the ride was lovely and smooth a real gentle giant the view was great as we were leaving lovely con trails behind us they must of looked great.All to soon we began or decent in to mad performing some great right hand turns.The nose seemed to pitch upwards a fair bit and boy did we hit some rough air.It was like being on a roller coster.The gear was lowered and with in minutes we were on the runway with the thurst reversers doing there stuff.We had a long taxi to the stand seeing some great planes.I really can say the 747 is the best plane I've being on the true queen of the sky.My over all view of iberia is ok but three of my 4 flights were delayed. Unhelpful staff at Madrid airport .Hope you enjoyed reading this.I took loads of pics e me if interested
matt
thank you for flying united

MADtoCAE

TFN To MAD On Iberia

Sat May 21, 2005 7:30 am

Excelent! Big grin
Plz post pics
Operator!!! Give me the number for 911!!