Propman
Topic Author

EU Jet From Manchester To Manston And Back

Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:48 pm

A very good service.

At Manchester, there was almost no queue whatsoever at check in. We then rapidly emplaned-by bus to a remote stand, presumably because this is cheaper and EU Jet are a LCC.

On time departure and arrival. Even better on the way back-no queue at all at check in at Manston and on time departure and arrival again. Manston is a tiny airport, but has all necessary facilities and is so much more restful than going through a large airport.

Cabin crew were smartly dressed and courteous. Aircraft (Fokker 100) were very comfortable and clean inside and out.

One slightly odd point was that we departed from Terminal 1 at Manchester, but came back into Terminal 3-no real problem however.

So thank you very much EU Jet and we'll by flying with you to Kent again next year.
Jets are for kids

UK_Dispatcher

RE: EU Jet From Manchester To Manston And Back

Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:59 am

Quoting Propman (Thread starter):
One slightly odd point was that we departed from Terminal 1 at Manchester, but came back into Terminal 3-no real problem however.

Despite the fact that domestic flights can now depart Terminal 1 (Flybe to SOU, Jet2 to LGW/EDI, EUJet to MSE, bmibaby to BFS), all domestic flights still have to arrive into Terminal 3.

Glad to hear you enjoyed EUJet. What were the pax loads like?

Propman
Topic Author

Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 1):
Glad to hear you enjoyed EUJet. What were the pax loads like?

About one third to one half, both ways.
Jets are for kids

Propman
Topic Author

Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:44 pm

Since I posted the above, EUJet have, of course, gone bust.

However, I have read (in a non-aviation journal) that this was due more to the problems of its parent company, Planestation, than problems at EUJet, who Planestation bought not too long ago, in a bid to boost their cash flow.

When I flew EUJet, they certainly didn't seem like an airline on the verge of bankruptcy.
Jets are for kids

A3204eva

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

It's been reported EUJet aren't the most courteous airline in the world and have problems filling seats.. So I guess that didn't help them
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

Propman
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:35 pm

Incidentally, there are still dozens of black cab taxis driving around Manchester with "Going to Kent? Fly to Kent. EU Jet" pasted on their sides-that's what originally sold this service to me.
Jets are for kids

trekster

Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:50 am

Quoting Propman (Reply 5):
Incidentally, there are still dozens of black cab taxis driving around Manchester with "Going to Kent? Fly to Kent. EU Jet" pasted on their sides-that's what originally sold this service to me.

There is still at least one. Swear i saw it again this morning waiting for my bus as it sailed down princess road
Where does the time go???

diesel1

Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:40 am

Quoting Propman (Reply 3):
However, I have read (in a non-aviation journal) that this was due more to the problems of its parent company, Planestation, than problems at EUJet, who Planestation bought not too long ago, in a bid to boost their cash flow.

EUJet bled Planestation dry.
I don't like signatures...

HS748

Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:39 am

Quoting Trekster (Reply 6):
There is still at least one. Swear i saw it again this morning waiting for my bus as it sailed down princess road

I saw two (one behind the other) fully painted taxis in the city centre yesterday, and a third only partially painted taxi later near the airport so there are at least three still around!

trekster

Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:23 am

I saw 2 today as well while in the city, nice to see em about and think there are some dumb people in the city goin to there website, or calling the number not knowing they not exist anymore lol
Where does the time go???

mhodgson

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:50 pm

I saw one on Sunday parked outside T3 at MAN, too.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced