rpaillard

Congratulations AirCanada/Jazz! (YTZ To YOW)

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:30 am

Hi all,

First, to put thinks on perspective, I'm currently on holiday in Canada. As a French, I am a Flying Blue Silver Frequent Flyer. Due to my citizenship, I do almost fly always with AirFrance (domestic and worldwide) and other compagny of Skyteam (worldwide). As I have to travel from Toronto to Ottawa, I do make the choice to fly YTZ. I mean, it's that kind of "vintage" airport that every airliners enthusiast want to fly! Furthermore, it's a really beautiful and scenic place (and very busy, to)!

So today the flight was from YTZ to YOW, at 09h00 AM. The plane is a DASH-8. Nothing to tell about the aircraft except the fact that it's the first time on the type Big grin (By the way, I'd really enjoy it : confortable, quiet, ...)

I really want to share this outstanding experience. Ok, nothing to tell about Toronto by itself, it's definitively worth a trip. Ok, now let's talk about Aircanada Jazz crews: OUTSTANDING crew. I mean, from checkin woman to flight attendant and Captain/First Officer, all this people are professional, warm, funny and more! A special thanks to the Flight attendant  Wink

An other interesting point is onboard service. The flight is due to last 1 hour, and that was the case. I do not expect very much for a such short domestic flight. But I was amazing : First, a choice of juice, next coffee, next biscuits, next "rince doigts" and, finally, water! That's just amazing on that king of flight! Never see that on Airfrance domestic flight!

So, one more time, CONGRATULATIONS folks, CONGRATULATIONS Aircanada.

Wow, it was *really* nice!

Raphael
FLY SKYTEAM JETS

alespesl

RE: Congratulations AirCanada/Jazz! (YTZ To YOW)

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:30 pm

I am glad that you have enjoyed AC Jazz between Toronto City Centre Airport and YOW. I have flown in/out of that airport numerous times and I have always enjoyed it.

Once I flew in the winter YTZ-YOW and I was sitting right next to the wheel under the wing. Watching the plane go through 30 cm of snow while taxing was amazing.

ZKSUJ

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:17 pm

Quoting Rpaillard (Thread starter):
rince doigts

Please mind my ignorance but whats that?

BMIFlyer

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:58 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 2):
Please mind my ignorance but whats that?

wet naps, moist towelettes

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

boeingfanyyz

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:19 pm

Rpaillard,
Glad you enjoyed your trip! I myself have not yet flown on a Dash-8. Did you find it quite roomy? Or did it seemed rather cramped like many of the CRJ/ERJ's that I have been on? I love spotting them as they have extremely short t/o's!!!  Silly
Cheers,
Boeingfanyyz  airplane 
"If it aint boeing, it aint going!", "Friends are like condoms...they protect you when things get hard!"

WillFang

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi Raphael,

Glad you had a great trip with AC. People here often complain about AC's cabin, service, etc. and sometimes say things like "We are so subpar! How are we to compete with airlines like AF and BA!". So a frequent AF flyer complementing AC's service must mean something. Big grin

On another note, how did you enjoy YOW? Our terminal is small, but quite new. What did you think of it?

Quoting Boeingfanyyz (Reply 4):
I myself have not yet flown on a Dash-8. Did you find it quite roomy? Or did it seemed rather cramped like many of the CRJ/ERJ's that I have been on? I love spotting them as they have extremely short t/o's!!!

Oh gawd...the Dash 8's. How can any sane spotter in Canada say they enjoy spotting them?  crazy   Silly I feel like if I saw any more of those little Jazz buggers I'd puke. j/k

Back on topic, the Dash 8 isn't roomy at all. I find it just as cramped as the CRJs/ERJs I've been on. I guess there isn't much you can do with an aircraft that size.
NO URLS in signature