CanadianNorth
Topic Author

12/26/05, YXY-YVR, QK CRJ200

Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:18 am

date: 12/26/05
airline/flt: Air Canada Jazz flt 8442
route: Whitehorse (YXY) - Vancouver (YVR)
aircraft: CRJ200 C-G??? (red colours)
seat: 8F (starboard window seat, exit row)
load: full; 2 pilots, 1 f/a, 50 pax and a jumpseater
time: left roughly on time, arrived a little bit late, about 2h10m flying time
lines: checked in via wesbite (no baggage), security line was short
my airplane rating: 5/10. Really nice airplane, but uncomfortably small for a 2+ hour flt.
my cabin rating: 4/10. Was modern looking, very clean, well lit, etc. Couldn't stand upright in the isle, the wall was right against my shoulder and head the whole flt in the window seat, there was berily enough legroom for me (6'4) to fit in the seat and the windows are placed rediculusly low.
my service rating: 8/10. Flt attendant was tired and hesitated multiple times while making announcements. But she was very nice, smiled, and did her job relatively efficiently.
my food and drink rating: 6/10. All we got was a small bag of something. Tasted ok though and for a regional airline I wouldn't expect much more. But for a 2+ hour flt it really wasn't much. However there was small snacks availible for $1, muffins and whatnot for $2, sandwiches and raps for $5, and stuff like that. The coffee/tea/juice cart came out not long after takeoff, and came around multiple times for refills. Soft drinks were there too if anyone wanted them and acoholic drinks were availible for $5CAD or $4 USD.
my IFE rating: 6/10, Other than a magazine to read IFE was non-excistant on this flight, but thats about all I'd expect for a regional jet.
my ontime rating: 9/10. We departed close enough to on-time, and we only arrived a few minutes late but it wasn't much. Was caused by headwinds though so not much the airline can do about that.
my departure airport rating: 7/10. Not much to do at YXY, but its simple and gets the job done relatively efficiently.
my arrival airport rating: 10/10. Very nice looking, clean, plenty to do and see, not overly crowded and not much of a lineup for takeoff or landing.
my overall rating: 7/10. The airplane was somewhat uncomfortable, the windows were placed in a rediculus position, but for a RJ hauling a full load for over 2 hours it performed quite well. There was no IFE and berily any food for a 2 hour flt. But, the airplane was clean and modern looking, the airport part went very smoothly at both ends, the flight was close enough to on-time, the service was good enough for me.

thanks
CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

SK A340

RE: 12/26/05, YXY-YVR, QK CRJ200

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks for a trip report packed with facts!

I also really like the CRJ200, but I can imagine it's a bit too small for a 2+ hour flight.

/Micke

ClassicLover

RE: 12/26/05, YXY-YVR, QK CRJ200

Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18 pm

I love it when flights are full including the jumpseat. I flew jumpseat on a QantasLink Dash 8, and we were completely full as well. The return sector was 2 pax  Smile

Thanks for the report!

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!