awittens

Jet Blue Woes

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:52 am

We recently flew Jet Blue from MCO-JFK, seven passengers checking in eight pieces of luggage. Upon our arrival at JFK discovered all our luggage was not on the flight. Customer Service at JFK Baggage Service would not accept it was Jet Blues fault. They attempted to blame everyone but themselves. Inspite of the fact we checked in four hours prior to departure. They said the baggage was on their next flight, it wasn't. We had arrived at 2:15 PM and our bags finally arrived at 8:30 PM. We were offerred a voucher for $30.00, less than $5.00 per passenger. Customer service is totally lacking at JFK, perhaps the Station Manager at JFK should monitor its operations. Would definitely not use Jet Blue again unless they were the only choice. Would fly with Delta or American to Florida.

swaopsusafatc

RE: Jet Blue Woes

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Sucks the bags were delayed. How was the flight? Depart ontime? Nice IFE, service on board? Comfortable?

What I am asking is if the bags had been ontime would you have flown them again. I think any airline deserves another chance when something like this happens. Delayed bags happen and if your not happy with what your offered as compensation then ask for someone hire up on the food chain. I personally beleive that if they deliver my bags before the end of the day I should not get anything except the delivary at the airlines expense. Of course I plan for this and pack a change of close in my carry on roller.

Be careful, AA and DL also delay bags occasionally. Yours might be next.

Cory6188

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Quoting SWAOPSusafATC (Reply 1):
I think any airline deserves another chance when something like this happens.

Yeah - it's an unfortunate part of the travel experience that is bound to happen with some frequency. Sure, B6 could probably have given you more compensation, but don't write them off because of one experience (and this is coming from a CO fan!).

ejmmsu

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:16 pm

The thing I don't like is the fact that B6 wasn't apologetic and tried to blame the problem on the passenger. Sure, bags don't make it... its how you deal with it from a customer service standpoint that sets you apart (either good or bad) in the industry.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

swaopsusafatc

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:51 pm

Quoting Ejmmsu (Reply 3):
The thing I don't like is the fact that B6 wasn't apologetic and tried to blame the problem on the passenger. Sure, bags don't make it... its how you deal with it from a customer service standpoint that sets you apart (either good or bad) in the industry

I agree 100% with that however, another B6 agent may have handled it completely different. In fact if you write in and explain the situation I would bet you will get something out of it because B6 would not want their agents to act that way.

WMUPilot

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:23 am

I can almost garauntee that if you write in a complaint or call customer service that you will recieve some type of compensation. We stress to our customers that if you were unsatisfied with the service that you recieved that you should write in and tell us what happened so we can correct the matter with the agent and make things right with the customer.

http://www.jetblue.com/speakup/problems.asp

Just fill out the information on this form and give as many details as possible and you should hear back from customer service with in a couple of days!

Don't just live with the fact that we let you down as a customer, take the five minutes and tell us what we did wrong so we can correct it!!
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel