KenMIA

DL--MIA-ATL-LAS--4 Different AC

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 am

The wife and I decided to use some Amex points to fly out to LAS first class. First time in first class for both of us. We went through ATL, which was a nice break in the continuous in-air time (it's otherwise just under 5 hours non-stop from MIA to LAS, which is quite a bit longer than the two of us usually fly).

DL had us on a 738 from MIA to ATL on 5/31. We pulled away from the gate about 45 minutes late, but we were well within our two-hour connection window. On all legs, I barely touched the seat before a flight attendant approached asking if we wanted drinks. That was pleasant.

As soon as we touched down, there was a large bang in the galley. The flight attendant I could see in that area briefly look startled. She then muttered something about a door that had come loose.

In ATL we had plenty of time to switch concourses and grab dinner at Chili's. The layover timing was perfect. We didn't have to rush to eat, and we didn't overly extend our total travel day spending more time in the airport.

Spent 3 1/2 hours on a 757 out to LAS. We had a chicken and past meal with a salad. I can't recall the desert, as I didn't eat it. Smooth flight, with the exception of the descent into Vegas. I've gone there five times now and every time in it is bumpy. Not annoyingly so, but certainly different than the rest of the flight.

I logged a few hours on my new Ipod Nano. I will not fly without it now.

Took the red-eye back to ATL on 6/4-5 on a 763. I slept that whole trip, so I can't say much about it. We did wind up in the bulkhead seats, but the wall did not reach the floor so I was able to sneak my feet underneath for more leg room.

After another short layover in ATL, we made it back to MIA on an MD. While at the gate, the captain comes out of the flight deck and is greeting boarding passengers. As men came in wearing sports coats, he asked if he could take them. Most gave them to him, and he put them on a hanger and put them in the closet. I was surprised to see someone with four stripes on their shoulders doing that. He also said hello to a boarding captain who explained he was furloughed from DL has been flying 727s and 757s for some cargo outfit. The cargo captain said he was waiting to be recalled, and the MD captain said "good luck."

After we arrived at MIA, he came out of the flight deck while I was waiting for the door to open. I told him I was impressed with his assistance of the passengers in ATL. He smiled and said he does what he can to make passengers comfortable.

This last leg was pleasant in that it was our quietest flight. I suppose that's because the engines were in the rear and we were as far forward as possible.

The only thing I thought I would experience more of was chatter between the flight attendants in the front. On one of the legs, I did spend a minute or so speaking to one working on a sudoku puzzle while deadheading.

Overall I was very pleased with the service.

RE: DL--MIA-ATL-LAS--4 Different AC

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:45 am

Nice report. I hope Delta brings back actual glassware, and plates into domestic F.
I love to fly!

Delta732FF

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:16 am

Nice report. Did you enjoy your first time up front? LAS is usually pretty bummpy coming in.

tsaord

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:48 pm

I plan on going back to vegas for a second time labor day weekend! i wrote a trip report on here about with WN.

Nice report!
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

DL4EVR

Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:43 am

Quoting 767747 (Reply 1):
Nice report. I hope Delta brings back actual glassware, and plates into domestic F.

They still have plates. It's just the glass, silverware and linens that are gone. Hopefully with the launch of their new long haul product, these thingsd will return.
We Love To Fly And It Shows.