ozglobal

"The Wing" F Lounge At HKG

Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:49 pm

Just finishing up business in HKG and heading for NRT on CX. Regional flights are only J and Y, but Emerald OW status provides invitation to F lounge at 'The Wing'. Mid afternoon flight, so just had a full lunch in the F dinning room:
- minimalist chinese architecture, cathedral ceiling terminal, views of the surrounding mountains and the sea; inside the dinning room, quiet, subdued ambiance, attentive CX premium service, fine wines, magnificent Asian and Western buffet and a silent stream flowing by my table over a bed of river pebbles.
- have another hour and a half before flight, so was offered to use one of the Cabanas in the "The Haven": a spa complex with cavenous individual spa rooms: wrap-around showers, huge, deep granite baths, futton and terrace with banana lounge over the countinuation of the stream flowing through the library and dinning room
- Library: has the abience of a boutique hotel in either Bejing or London or somewhere between the two: same stream, same silent refinement

In short: THIS is an airline lounge. May all others be judged by it!!!
Not the first time I've been here, but a continual reminder of how good customer service can be....

Other airlines PLEASE take note.
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

zrs70

RE: "The Wing" F Lounge At HKG

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:13 pm

Once upon a time, US airlines charged reasonable fares that could justify upkeep of dignified lounges. (In the late 70's, I was happy if I could find BOS-ORD r/t for less than $300. Now, almost 30 years later, the fare are usually much less than $300).

But with airfares so low today, people STILL complaining that they are high. So the airlines must let old perks die. Meals. Customer service. Lounges.....
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

toptravel

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:26 pm

I've been to many F/C lounges around the world and beleive me 'The Wing' at HKG is what I consider the best in the world and all others are judged by.

Lufthansa747

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:45 pm

Quoting Zrs70 (Reply 1):
But with airfares so low today, people STILL complaining that they are high. So the airlines must let old perks die. Meals. Customer service. Lounges.....

To start with, US airlines charge ridiculous membership fees for their pathetic lounges. So I don't see how they aren't able to keep some standards.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

crdaus

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:11 pm

I agree with this report completely. It is the best 1st class lounge I have ever experienced. I have some photos of it in my report: SFO-HKG-MEL 1st Class On CX And QF (43 Pics) (by Crdaus Jun 5 2006 in Trip Reports)