mptpa

Recent Travel On MH, KE And AF Business Class

Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:32 am

Hi
I just came back from a 2+ weeks travel to Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. The travel included Malaysia Airlines B777, Korean Air B777/B744 and Air France B777 in the long haul segments. Here are my quick snipets:

EWR-ARN-KUL-SYD MH B777 (all three legs)
I must say the service is TOP notch on MH Golden Class. The seats wer comfortable even through they are lie flat, but the pitch and seat comfort is the best I have experienced. The AVOD was great, nice comforter/duvet/pillow and the lighting system (mood lighting that changes color). The crew were the most attentive, friendly, and the service was impecable as well as the food. The amenity kit is very complete (L'Occitane) and we had the nest flight on MH amoung the legs we did (total of 13).

AUK-ICN-CDG KE B777 and B744
Korean Air service is markedly lower compared to MH. The B777 was pathtic since it had the old Business class seats, so the 11+ hours of flight was not as good. The service, quality of food and other elements are just so so. There was even no amenity kits handed!!
The ICN-CDG was on the "new" interior B744 with nice business class, not too bad AVOD (but the programming was ok), and the seats were good. Seats did not feel as good as the MH Business but the lie flat was good. Had good seat pitch (again not as much as on MH), but since we were on the upper deck row 16, the leg room was great.. The service was ok, and the food was ok too (try the Korean Bibimbap). The one great thing that KE had was Connexion by Boeing internet service!!!!!!!! I would take KE if it had the new interior, and internet service on a long haul.

CDG-YUL AF B777
As the KE above, this was the old business class, so the comfort level is bad. Again, we are comparing to the new lie-flat, so anything that is seal like is bad now. The service was ok, but the food was great (if you like french cuisine). The amenity kit is ok, but not as great as MH.

KLIA Golden Club Lounge is GREAT. Nice shower, food and beautiful views.
KE Businell Lounge at ICN is nice as well, with a great food selection and views.
AF Salon at Terminal 2E, is very pathetic!!!! One of the worst I have been to.

Overall, I give MH a solid 10, KE and AF 7.

I would appreciate your comments and your experiences on these carriers.

Lufthansa747

RE: Recent Travel On MH, KE And AF Business Class

Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:23 am

Quoting Mptpa (Thread starter):
The ICN-CDG was on the "new" interior B744 with nice business class, not too bad AVOD (but the programming was ok), and the seats were good. Seats did not feel as good as the MH Business but the lie flat was good.

KE new Prestige is the exact same seat as MH new GC, as well as TG Royal Silk, JAL Executive at least.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

alaskaqantas

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:23 am

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 1):
KE new Prestige is the exact same seat as MH new GC, as well as TG Royal Silk, JAL Executive at least.

they're close,

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Finney

malaysia airlines

Korean airlines

you can tell a few small differences.
I can't tell what the angle is for malayasia, but on Korean that is one BIG as slope.
I wouldn't want to fly on it
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

9MMAR

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:01 am

Hi Mptpa,

I am glad you enjoyed MH. A solid 10 is indeed a true testament of their five star service. I could not recommend MH more.

You have choosen the right routes to fly on MH. Their EWR - ARN - KUL is one of the new route which experiencing a very healthy load while their KUL - SYD route is one of their most popular route (besides KUL - LHR).

I am glad that you love MH's Golden Lounge in KUL too. It is indeed very beautiful. If only you could try their First Class Lounge!

I have flown MH on almost 100 legs and could not get enough of them. I am going to fly long haul with them, performing the KUL - SYD - KUL route in November. I am really looking forward for the trip. In the mean time, I will be flying them domestically at least one return journey trip a month.

[Edited 2006-07-23 21:03:29]

[Edited 2006-07-23 21:06:36]

Ryanair!!!

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:25 am

If only you could try their First Class Lounge!

You can... The 2 lounges share the same business center. Just use the walkway to the mentioned location but just keep on walking towards the First Class lounge and voila! You are in the First Class section! This walkway is hidden behind the lounge reception area so no one knows...

I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

Cheers
Ryan
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

mptpa

Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 am

Quoting Ryanair!!! (Reply 4):
You can... The 2 lounges share the same business center. Just use the walkway to the mentioned location but just keep on walking towards the First Class lounge and voila! You are in the First Class section! This walkway is hidden behind the lounge reception area so no one knows...

I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

I did this exactl, and it was spectacular. I love the shower and masage facilities as well.

9MMAR

Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:04 pm

Quoting Ryanair!!! (Reply 4):
I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

Quoting Mptpa (Reply 5):
I did this exactl, and it was spectacular. I love the shower and masage facilities as well.

But you guys didn't entitle for it. Hmm... anyway, as long as that will ensure that MH going to get your businesses again, I suppose there's nothing to complain about.

ke086

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:47 pm

Korean Air's Business class seat don't slope that much it is the same as Malaysian and JAL (it is probably the angle of the Picture). There seats are really comfortable i would say there is more padding then the ones in JAL executive class.
KE THE ONLY WAY TO FLY