usair320

ABQ-ATL-PHL-ATL-PHL On DL

Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:02 am

Sorry for the trip report being so late as this was way back from december 2005. Also I do not have the flight times as I have lost the Itinerary. well, enjoy anyway. Questions and comments welcome.
DL 1157
MD-88
11A

I arrive at ABQ at 7:00 for the 8:30 flight. and proceed to check in with the friendly DL agent who tells me to go to B10 in which I do and B10 is the only gate at ABQ with no window so I do some other spotting in which I watch an AA S-80 Takeoff as well as some WN stuff. I then watch an F9 A318 start up and takeoff. Around the same time our flight boards a DL(skywest) CRJ boards for SLC. I go ahead and board and welcomed aboard by a friendly souther F/A named tom or john or somthing of that nature and take a walk to 11A my Y class seat for this 3hr15min flight to ATL. Our crew today consists of two male F/A's plus 1 female all middle aged. then we taxy to RWY 8 and after a UA TED A320 takes off we make a long powerful takeoff to ATL and soon after lift off the f/a's go thru the cabin offering drinks and I have OJ and followed by the snack basket I enjoy Sun chips. wel after a nice smooth flight we decent into a bright and sunny ATL and make a very rough landing . We then txy to what I believe is the A concource. Soon after I deplane and walk down to the gate to find my 757 prebaording.

DL476
??A

we board and compared to the MD-88 this a/c is roomy and airy with new leather seats. I glance out the window and notice the 767-200 "spirit of Delta" pushing from 3 gates down so I took a snapshot of it. I am excited as I am seated right on the engine so I get some nice sound from those PW's(correct me if I'm wrong). One thing I noticed is that this crew is older than the MD-88 crew and many seem to be less friendly with the exception of our purser truley a great guy. Even in the middle of a PA he stopped it to welcome someone abaord. so those powerful engines are started and the saftey video begins. We taxy and shortly after we are airborne and I just couldn't get over those engines. Shortly after Delta Horizons is shown in which I watch. and then two of our F/A's serve drinks and I have a coke as this is and Atlanta based airline(lol) and a third extremely stressed out F/A passes thru with the snack basket and I have sun chips. After I continue to watch Delta Horizons. And then we Decent for PHL which is also sunny but very cold at 32F. We make a landing on 27R and use almost full reverse and pretty damn close to full braking. and taxy to E11(I Think).

DL465
PHL-ATL
MD-88
11A

So I arrive at PHL and check in with a DL/AF agent as DL and AF share gate space in the depressing Terminal E hear in PHL. Not much for spotting just a bunch of USex activity. So I board and I am welcomed aboard by our friendly purser Kim. and take my seat. This MD-88 as the previouse one was fitted in the old interior. We then taxy to 27L and after a US 757 we make a powerful takeoff for ATL. soon after I have my sunchips and coke. and then for the final 3/4 hr the seatbelt light is on as there is bad weather everywhere. we then decent into a wet and dreary ATL. and make a nice smooth landing into ATL and taxy and this flight is continuing to BHM.

DL1540
ATL-ABQ
MD-88
11A

I board and notice we have 20 standbys that have not been cleared yet. so I board and welcomed by our F/A's. This MD-88 is fitted with the new leather interior. After a 30 minuit wait we liftoff and reach our cruise. I then have my usual coke and sun chips and then decent into a warm and sunny ABQ.

nkops

RE: ABQ-ATL-PHL-ATL-PHL On DL

Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:19 am

nice report... you confused me with the title though... looks like you went to PHL twice
:evil:

theLUREnyc

Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:12 am

But do ya like sunchips?  Wink

Just teasin ya man - nice report!

usair320

Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:24 pm

Thanks for the comments and sorry about the confusion of going to PHL Twice. And yes sunchips are my favorite(LOL).