50watt
Topic Author

My Trip In November 2005

Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:49 am

Good Evening,

My name is Brett I have just joined this site today. I have been interested in aviation for quite a while but this is the first time on a site like this.

I have had my first ever flight on November 20th 2005 when I travelled from LHR - EWR on the 2030 departure.

My first flight involved a Virgin Atlantic Airbus A340 and what a nice flight it was too.

We departed 10 minutes early as all the passengers had boarded. As we had taxied we got caught up in a "traffic jam" to join the runway. The pilot was ever so apologetic and explained the reason for the delay in a professional but humours manner.

We had eventually got airborne and the take off was so smooth i didn't even notice it until the climb got a bit steeper.

A couple of hours into the journey the cabin crew came round and started the meals. I had chosen a spinach risotto (?) lovely.... I also had a can of Stella. I will not do that again as throughout out the journey as I had bad pains in my stomach.

The breakfast was excellent, I had a cream cheese sandwich with a cup of coffee, a yogurt and some fresh fruit.

I have to praise the cabin crew further as they kept coming round with their smiles asking if i was ok...... Films weren't that good only because they weren't my choice of genre.

Had some minor turbulecne but that was ok....

I had a surprise on my flight as the boss of Virgin, Sir Richard Branson was on board and had walked to the back of the plane to see if his crew were ok.

We eventually arrived into EWR around 50 minutes late, but i was tired and didnt seem to botherd.

The seats were comfy and the cabin was at a comfortable temperature. I really enjoyed America and the journey with Virgin Atlantic so much that I am going back again this November!

Thumbs Up to Virgin Atlantic and their crew!
Regards Brett

RE: My Trip In November 2005

Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:17 am

Good report! I flew Virgin Atlantic a few years ago on their 747-400 from JFK-LHR-JFK and found the seats to be very cramped, but the food to be extremely good!

Looking forward to more reports!

I love to fly!

CV990

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:09 am

Hi 50watt!

Welcome to this forum! I wish you a very good time here and nothing better than send a trip report. I just came back from a trip and I also passed by EWR. I was quite impressed with the airport, very buzzy!!! Did you had to wait a long time until you took off? Man I had 1 hour just stop-go-stop-go!!! Finnally we left but that gave me a delay of about 30 minutes when I landed in LIS!
Thanks for sharing your report!
Regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

50watt
Topic Author

Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:13 am

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies, i didn't wait that long around 15 minutes, there was a Luthansa and an Air France service before us.. I am not sure what the exact reason for the hold up was.

I am flying into JFK on the 5th November, so chances are it could be a 747. Do Airbuses fly into JFK?

Cheers and I cant wait to enjoy this message board.

Brett
Regards Brett

Touchdown777

Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:59 am

Quoting 50watt (Reply 3):
Do Airbuses fly into JFK?

Yes, Virgin does fly A340s into JFK. I'm not for sure if it's a seasonal schedule, however, I spot them every now and then.

Thanks for sharing & welcome,
T7
Made in the USA

50watt
Topic Author

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:52 am

i hope it get an A340 to JFK. Although i wont mind a 747 as that would be my next aircraft to experience..
Regards Brett