MCOflyer
Topic Author

SAN-IAH-MCO On CO.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:21 am

I had spent one week in San Diego with my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin Katie. I was looking forward to getting to Orlando b/c my sister had a stroke. I arrived at SAN at 10AM to do some spotting. I said good bye to my Uncle and thanked him for a fun time. Once I got through security I made my way to gate 35 to see if 374 had any extra seats available. I wanted to get home.

Big version: Width: 1600 Height: 1200 File size: 484kb
My cousin and I before me heading to Orlando.

My cousin and I before I left for the airport,

I was told the flight was full and I would have to take 1588, my original flight. I was standing around looking at the 757-200, when I heard" would MCOflyer come to the desk". I went up there and received 34A as my seat assignment.

Flight: 374
Aircraft: 757-200 ( non-winglet)
Load factor: 100%
Depart: 1135AM
Actual: 12 Noon due to long taxi
Arrival: 448PM
Actual: 500PM

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...11&prev_id=1094342&next_id=1092764

Once we got into the air, we received our lunch. It consisted of a ranch salad and a choice of soft drinks. I downed three cokes while reading Cheating Death. It proved to be worth reading. About 2hrs we started descending into IAH. Once we landed I went to C-43 and checked in for 1586. I was told the flight was full.

At IAH, I decided to go get myself a chicken Casar wrap from the food court. With 1hr to depart, I heard the gate agent say" Would MCOflyer report to the courtesy desk to get your seat assignment." I do not remember the seat assignment though I think it was 14A. I explained my worries about my bag not being on the 1486 flt and was told we'll try. I explained that sister had a stroke and was worried. She said it would get on.

Flight 1486 IAH-MCO
Depart: 710PM
Arrive: 1040PM
Seat:14A

I once again was happy about being on a 757-300. Here is a picture of a 777 right next to us.

Big version: Width: 1600 Height: 1200 File size: 361kb
Boeing 777 of Continental.

The flight went smoothly and I downed 3 cokes again. Once in MCO, I got my luggage and proceeded to go home ( I live about 1hr away in Melbourne.)

I would give CO a 10/10. I love their service and wouldn't hesitate to fly them again. The only problem I had was explaining to a GA that i wanted my bag in MCO on 1486, not 1485. I do have a couple of questions:

Why is the 910flt 1 number behind this flight? I noticed that most MCO flights in the summer are being operated in the summer with 757-300's from IAH. Is this b/c of high load factors warranting this type of a/c? Hope you like it.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

WN230

RE: SAN-IAH-MCO On CO.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:18 am

Good report, except I couldn't see any of the pics.  Sad Hope your sister is doing better. Keep your trip reports coming.
Judas Priest North American tour in '08 . . . cannot wait!!!