jetpixx

DL - FLL-ATL-ABE-CVG-FLL

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:53 pm

I flew on Delta on Friday morning and had a rather uneventful connection at ATL. That is how I like it, as I escaped a lengthy delay by flying through Hartsfield in the early AM. The flight from ATL-ABE was delayed by a passenger, because he was old. At first, I felt sorry for him...he was by himself and he is someone's grandfather, etc. Quickly, that turned to anger, as he would not cooperate.

The old man, who I likened to Norman in On Golden Pond, was sitting in a bulkhead seat on a CRJ-200...he did not want to check his bag planeside and it would not fit overhead. He made a stink, delayed the flight 10 minutes until finally being moved to a new seat and having his good shoved under the seat.

We missed the approach at ABE, which is the first time this has ever happened to me. It was really foggy and drizzling and the pilots did a great job landing safely in adverse conditions. We actually came in from the S initially, but landed from the N a few minutes later.

The flight back this morning was nice...ABE-CVG, I slept mostly. It was a 6:30 flight and I was bushed from a lack of sleep. ABE is such a convenient airport. It reminds me of CAK, another airport I frequent...anyway, upon arrival at CVG, I received a free upgrade to first class for being a Medallion member which was nice. This never happened to me before and I was very grateful to the gate agent and DL.

The flight on the 738 from CVG-FLL was nice and also uneventful, although mighty comfortable in my larger area. I slept nicely on this leg, too after drinking some OJ. Upon arrival at FLL, I arrived at carousel 2 for my bags and for only the second time ever, my bag came out first.

Thanks again DL!

Evan767

RE: DL - FLL-ATL-ABE-CVG-FLL

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:43 am

Quoting Jetpixx (Thread starter):
I received a free upgrade to first class for being a Medallion member which was nice. This never happened to me before and I was very grateful to the gate agent and DL.

That is normal procedures for medallions. Free upgrades domestically. Not sure about Hawaii.
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...