fca767

Delta 155 MAN-JFK Part 1 (pics And Vid)

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:06 am

The day started great but worse to follow before check-in.

Oct 29th 2006

Left the house at 6:50am my sister was waiting to pick me up so we make the 9 mile trip and she drops me off on the way to work. Great! we get there with plenty of time for me to have a rest upstairs landside, yes there is a nice oasis hidden away in terminal 2  . HEY COOL!!! the checkin line that was for both DL65 and 155 was about 14 people! YES i did count it! but wait the tsa guy who was nice was worried that i didnt have the right paper well actually i didnt have the paper which enables me to go in as a student although i had my passport visa but you need a paper with the amount of your course.

First Arrival at airport pic

BAD POINT!!!
So i get a taxi 13 miles back home due to him going on the moterway, i query him. He says "don't worry my gps says this way it is quick yes dont worry" so we sit in traffic for quite a while because its the main route to stockport town.
Now after some sweat and him nearly taking a 2nd wrong turning despite the gps even saying turn left we get to my house i ask him to wait and he wanted a deposit i give him my cash card but NO! he didnt want that! So i give him 50 10 10 10 dollars, i was in a state so i just wanted to get upstairs and ramsack the bedroom to which i find nothing!

Back to the taxi in hope that the TSA will let me go. I get in "let's go back" i say and a minute later he goes "ok do you know how much you gave me?" Me:"No" and then he gives me $30 back, 3 $10's after i regathered my thoughts i realised that there was a 50 missing and i was way way stressed by now just wanted to get back to the airport.

Me: "Right i'll tell you where to go" not that my quicker route helped at 8:25am because of rush hour OH MAN!!! I started questioning him about the money- HIM:"no $50 on the floor maybe you dropped it somewhere" yeah right! and then he goes do you know how much the fare is? "No" £45 "ok i say"
Then for sympathy in thinking he may give me my $50 back i start getting a little upset about how much i need money. i also say "thanks so much sniff sniff for helping me and sorry for this hassle" then i say is it £50 just to see if he is going to rip me off any more!!! offcourse i am not going to pay him £50 because he's a thief and i contemplated telling the police but the taxi guy knows where i live and he would probably do something out of spite.

so i just say i dont have much in the bank so at least the fare is reduced some what but not by much.

Anyway i make it to checking and the line is still only about 14 and i just get to the front to tell them the news and they decide that i will be ok.

WHAT A RELIEF!

I think if i couldnt go i would have bought a ticket for canada and did my studies there.

so ok i take a trip through security and get to the gate and waited the for 30 mins then just spreaded out on the 767-400

Dep time: 10:25
T2 GATE 202

As soon as i pass through security it is on go to gate  

Waiting about 5 mins for a flock of birds to clear  

The flight attendents were thorough with their work and i had a good chat with one of the FA's, i twas nice and uneventfull.

The food was great and i don't know why people complain about airline food because i am one for quality and i never have a problem.

You get your usual main meal with a cookie and then later they give you ice cream and later after that they give you a massive pizza.

I was surpised by the extra pizza because you already get alot to eat already which is nice.

I do like delta and once we got to jfk i had to wait in line for 1 hour, it would have been 2 hours if i hadnt of queried my visa with someone anyway even though i had to wait in the immigration office for them to check my forms i.e the bit where they take you to an office with a guard outside i was still quicker than the normal passenger line but i still missed my connection so i had to wait another 5 hours for another flight to orlando.

i will post that part if anyone wants me to.
this is my first report

hope you kind of liked it, i am a bit busy here studying so i just wanted to at least get my video up

Video Landing at JFK

[Edited 2006-12-11 23:45:07]

DALelite

RE: Delta 155 MAN-JFK Part 1 (pics And Vid)

Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:18 am

sorry for the hassle with the cab driver. but tell us more about the flight!

regards: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

xaapb

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:07 am

Fantastic trip report and of course superb video with nice music!
who is singing?, I think I know who is but not sure
Keep them coming mate!
cheers!
Jorge Meneses

fca767

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:58 am

Thanks, i couldn't really write much about the flight because it was nicely uneventfull. Oh Shakira's music is playing with the videos. I got to go in the cockpit and had a chat with a nice captain although he was in a rush to catch the same orlando flight that i was to go on although i missed LOL.

I have recorded some of that here it is, just finished editing it last night

DALelite

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:25 am

well then, i am looking forward for part two...
regards: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

fca767

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:00 am

i dunno whether to do a part 2 because i cant write good reports

[Edited 2006-12-13 02:01:36]

WN230

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:40 pm

Good luck with your schooling. Your report was good and so was the vid. BTW, what is your youtube account?

WN230
Judas Priest North American tour in '08 . . . cannot wait!!!