BMED
Topic Author

FR: BOH-PIK-PIK

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:03 pm

I was making this trip from Bournemouth to Prestwick and back for a job interview at Gleneagles Hotel. Even though I am on holiday at the moment from Uni in Scotland I can still use my room which saves on costs.

Flying out on Thursday 25th and returning Saturday 27th Feb

I booked flight FR 7545 departing at 1535. As I was only taking hand luggage each way my tickets cost me £19.98 return, 1p each way plus taxes and charges. I arrived at the airport around 1330 and check-in was already under way. I also had with me a suit that I was carrying in addition to my hand luggage and I wasn't allowed to take them both as hand luggage but the check-in agent suggested I wear the jacket and put the trousers in my bag, great idea. After the security point I put the suit back in the suit bag and everything was fine.

For those of you who have never been to Bournemouth its a wee airport but after security it feels like you are in the back of someones house and its all extensions to try and expand the airport. There's a duty free shop, bar and resturant which isn't bad considering that there are only 4 gates. While I was waiting a Thomson flight to Salzburg departed and the FR flight to Shannon depart just after my aircraft arrived. All on time as well for all the flights. An advantage of flying from the smaller UK airports.

When my aircraft, B737-800 arrived it was EI-DAE that has had special titles and a guy painted on the aircraft side and nose and also winglets. I noticed on boarding that the aircraft was an older type as the seats weren't leather and the lockers and bulkheads weren't the normal bright yellow. The flight had 107 passengers on board from what I heard which I thought was a good amount for the route.

The flight was short 1 hour hop accross the boarder and after all the sale pitches we landed 10 mins ahead of schedule and the crew had been friendly in the flight so no complants. I headed straight for Prestwicks own airport train station and half hour later I was on the train up to uni.

Coming back I was booked on flight FR7544 departing at 1355. I ended up arrivng an hour before check-in opened so brought myself a book and had to wait. I was the first to check-in and there were a couple of other flight leaving around the same time to Derry, Dublin and Barcelona Girona. After going through security I ended up in the small departure lounge and sat again reading my book. My flight was called and we took off bang on time. The aircraft had the normal leather seats and bright yellow cabin and again the crew were very pleasent and one of them had operated my flight up on the Thursday. We landed 10 mins ahead of schedule and less than 5 mins later I was in the car back on my way to work.

Overall another pleasent 2 flights with FR. I enjoy flying with them even if flying into Prestwick takes a bit longer than if I flew to EDI or GLA but I'm always happy with the company.

[Edited 2007-01-28 11:04:08]
Living the jetset life! No better way to be