ek-a380

Varig Trip Report RIO - FRA January 2007

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:07 am

Hi,

I booked a last minute ticket, literally within 4 hours of departure on Varigs flight from Rio de Janeiro to Frankfurt on board their MD11 as couldnt get back on AF for another 2 weeks at least.

I had had some surgery only 7 days earlier and still had drains hanging from my abdomen and had booked a wheelchair and requested a vegetarian mean. Normally you need to give 24 hours notice for the meal but I was pleasantly surprised when they confirmed and it was given to me on board.

The aircraft was old but I enjoyed flying the MD11 as never flown this type before, the seats were comfortable and both the ground staff and crew were fantastic.

For a start the check in staff blocked off the seat next to me so I could have the extra comfort due to my surgery, the flight was 98% full and there were only a couple of seats empty so this was nice of them especially as we stopped en route in Sao Paolo to pick up more passengers.

The wheelchair service was great and the pre-boarding crew got me on first and were very helpful.

Flight departed on time and arrived on time. Upon arrival at Frankfurt I had a connecting flight to MAN and LH were very good too took me to special lounge and offered refreshments. They then booked a private ambulance to take me to the aircraft.

I must say that my outbound trip on Air France MAN CDG RIO was rubbish, they use their oldest 744 on the route and the flight was absolutely packed and had no PTV service.

abrelosojos

RE: Varig Trip Report RIO - FRA January 2007

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:34 am

Great to see you enjoying RG. I would love for a turnaround plan that can sustain one of the pioneers of the global aviation.

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

FMAL

RE: Varig Trip Report RIO - FRA January 2007

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:50 am

Fantastic to see that the new management at RG is doing their best to remind their passengers of the suberb customer service Varig always had in their better days.

Specially now, were passengers are getting bad services from TAM and some international carriers, Varig is showing that their service is, once again, the best.

They only need to advertise that more!