Topic Author

Fantastic Experience On DL This Weekend

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:28 am

As I worked for OH over the summer, and DL is the airline I want to fly for after I graduate from college (well, eventually anyway), this might seem a bit biased, but here goes. I flew to BOS this weekend to visit a friend going to Harvard, and everything went extremely well. All of my flights were early, despite the snowstorms. However, this is not why my trip was special. When I was on the plane this morning, the FA came on and made her welcome announcement, and also said that there were 3 very special guests on board today. There were 3 soldiers heading over to Iraq, and with this announcement the whole aircraft erupted with applause. Shortly after, a man came up to the flight attendant and said he was willing to give up his seat to a soldier. After a while, because the soldiers were very modest, the FA picked the youngest one in the bunch. He was greatly appreciative, and again the plane erupted in applause. Before that, I saw the Captain come back and help a few elderly women put their bags in the overhead bins. None of this was really over the top, but it gave me a great sense of pride in being an American, and knowing that there are people the country over that are very proud of those who serve our country. A small act had a huge impression, and actually gave me the chills. Has anyone else had any experiences like this before, not limited to any specific airline? Thanks for your stories, and if any military personnel read this, know that you have my thanks, and that of many other people!