atlaaron

Quick Trip Report On US CMH-PHX-BUR

Thu May 10, 2007 3:07 pm

So no pictures or anything but just some quick comments on my flights today on US. First flight was out of CMH to PHX on a A319 and the plane was 100% full. Then got on a 733 which was old and worn out to BUR, coach was probably only 10-20% full. Is flight 480 from PHX-BUR always that light?

flyboy7974

RE: Quick Trip Report On US CMH-PHX-BUR

Thu May 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Were you on the Wed flight? Was following that flight as it crossed right over my apartment here in Prescott as you took off and flew to the north before making the 90 degree turn to the west. During the week, that flight sometimes flies a little bit lighter, but with the early morning return that feeds into PHX's first eastbound bank for HP/US, it departs quite full typically out of BUR in the morning.

atlaaron

Fri May 11, 2007 12:04 am

Yes it was the Weds night flight. Was a fairly enjoyable flight with only some light chop at the beginning. I found another thread where someone did a trip report on the 480 flight and said it was 100% full so go figure.

flyboy7974

Fri May 11, 2007 12:43 am

yeah, that's funny, chop was probably on the climb out as you climbed up and over the mountains. Cruising altitude 28000 feet? I watched your flight as you climb northwest out of PHX and then made that 90 degree turn to the left, that's just about where I am at that turn in Prescott, and then flight flew towards Needles VOR, Palmdale VOR and then descent about there into the S.F Valley. It's a flight I have taken so many many times. Hey, once you were in BUR, did you happen to see any of the SkyBus namesake stuff going into the airport, either gate or ticket counter location or any other?

atlaaron

Fri May 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Quoting Flyboy7974 (Reply 3):
Hey, once you were in BUR, did you happen to see any of the SkyBus namesake stuff going into the airport, either gate or ticket counter location or any other?

Cruise was at 28,000 I believe. Not sure if you read my post in one of the SkyBus threads but my itinerary was actually CMH-PHX-BUR, so while I did not see SkyBus stuff at BUR I certainly saw both of their planes at CMH. Like I said in my other thread, I doubt their business plan but I like their livery.  Wink

I am flying back out of BUR in the morning and will look closer for some SkyBus evidence and will report back.