Boeing77W
Topic Author

RTW On SQ, DJ, NZ, B6 And VS

Tue May 29, 2007 11:39 pm

This isn't an actual trip report but it would be really appreciated if you guys could help me.

In less than a month I'll be going travelling to Singapore, Australia, The Cook Islands and America. I would love to create my first trip report and thought that this would be an excellent opportunity for one.

I just wanted some advice from the experts about how to create the best possible report as I would love to give as much information as possible. I also wondered how you're able to find out factors such as the registration of the aircraft and the other important info.

If you could help then it would be fantastic and I promise to make it a very informative read!

Cheers

77W

aviationnut12

RE: RTW On SQ, DJ, NZ, B6 And VS

Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 pm

I would start by writing down the airline/aircraft/flight number before you board the aircraft. Also, if registration numbers are important to you, write those down too, and get the actual departure/arrival times as well. If you have any interesting experiences scribble some notes down. Hope you have a safe and fun trip. God Bless.
Aviationnut12
Every choice is a step, steps become direction, direction determines destination

buck3y3nut

Wed May 30, 2007 2:01 am

I usually carry a notepad with me to get all that information. I write them down and if something interesting happens, I jot it down as well. Once you note stuff down and then you are writing your report, you tend to remember stuff during the flight when you wrote it down  Smile Hopefully that made sense Big grin

EK20

Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 am

Quoting Boeing77W (Thread starter):
Singapore, Australia, The Cook Islands and America.

Someone win the lottery?  drool 

dimoko

Wed May 30, 2007 2:30 am

save your boarding passes,

take LOTS of pictures

and don't be embarrassed on the plane to take pictures, but be respectful of the other passengers.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." -- Douglas Adams

Boeing77W
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2007 4:00 am

Quoting EK20 (Reply 3):
Someone win the lottery?

Haha, unfortunately not! I've used part of my inheritance and have also been working pretty dam hard over the last year saving money for travels. I'm doing it instead of having a gap year before university in September.

Thanks for the info. How do you find out the registration for the aircraft? In the past I've asked the FAs and they've just given me a blank look

BrianDromey

Wed May 30, 2007 4:22 am

Quoting Boeing77W (Reply 5):

Thanks for the info. How do you find out the registration for the aircraft? In the past I've asked the FAs and they've just given me a blank look

Have a look over the cockpit windows, as usually a portion of the aircraft reg. will be painted there.

ACARS will also help, once you enter the flight number and date, it should give you all the info you need!

http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html

Hope this helps!

Brian.
Next flights: MAN-ORK-LHR(EI)-MAN(BD); MAN-LHR(BD)-ORK (EI); DUB-ZRH-LAX (LX) LAX-YYZ (AC) YYZ-YHZ-LHR(AC)-DUB(BD)

richierich

Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 am

Quoting BrianDromey (Reply 6):
Have a look over the cockpit windows, as usually a portion of the aircraft reg. will be painted there.

Also, most airlines put (part of) the tail number on the door over the nosegear, or sometimes a two-digit code at the top of the tail fin.
Still others have an operating certificate posted in the cabin somewhere with the tail number on it (like they do on some elevators) but it can be difficult finding them if you don't know where to look. On most Airbus narrowbodies, I have seen them over the forward door used for entry and exit to the aircraft.
None shall pass!!!!

bill142

Wed May 30, 2007 10:05 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 7):
Still others have an operating certificate posted in the cabin somewhere with the tail number on it

SQ ones are in the very rear of the cabin on the 744s atleast. Turns out some SQ 744s are owned by Caspian Leasing in the Cayman Islands.

jamesjimlb

Wed May 30, 2007 10:54 am

IMO no one likes to read trip reports without pics, so definetly get some of those take pics of the seat, everywhere on and off the plane in and out of the airport.
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

777ER
Crew

Thu May 31, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting Boeing77W (Reply 5):
How do you find out the registration for the aircraft?

The rego or part of the rego is on the front and rear of the aircraft, sometimes under the wing also, which helps if your boarding via the tarmac.

I think the route of the flight is also interesting

Boeing77W
Topic Author

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 am

Thanks for info. regrading where to find the registration of the aircraft. I'm aware that it's usually on the rear of aircraft, behind the wing however this doesn't really help if boarding by a jetway so thanks again for the info...I'll go hunting for it on the SQ 747s.

thaia345

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Believe it or not, acutally I got most of my regos by:
1) Many airlines put it engraved on a small nameplate in the forward galley
2) or on the top of the number 1 door!