BlatantEcho
Topic Author

LH PDX-FRA-PDX A343

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:39 am

Short and sweet:

A few months back, I decided to pull the trigger on my first trip to Europe.

The direct Lufti flight PDX-FRA was the easiest way to do it, so I booked and decided to worry about the rest later....

Flights is operated with a A340-300, with the Biz-Class/Econ only arrangement. Cabin crew was efficient, professional, yet warm and helpful.

Seats in Econ were ok, not amazing. Lack of AVOD was certainly not a negative in anyway, I don't do this very often, so maybe it was just the novelty of it all.

Flight is timed well so the 10hrs in flight feels short and sweet. Nod off in Portland, wake up in Europe as they advertise.
Arrival is 8am in Germany.

Meals were just fine for econ, many drink services, hot towels and snacks.

Both directions the flight was probably 85% full, many many business class passengers, I met one who has made the trip 3 times in the past 6 weeks for work.

At the end of the day, the flights both directions really added up to be marvelous. A direct connection to Europe means a lot in terms of time saved, energy saved and a good mood on arrival.

A great airline on a fine (a yes, darn slow climbing!) A340 really really shrink the earth for those of us not in a huge hub city.

I look forward to going back already, and can say that I do intend to book my travels around this flight if at all possible, it's just a great way to get there (wherever your there may be) from here.  Smile
They're not handing trophies out today

pdxtriple7

RE: LH PDX-FRA-PDX A343

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Nice to hear the flight was pretty full. Perhaps one day it will be upgraded. I've never used the direct LH flight to Europe, but it certainly is a nice luxury to have for the Portland area.