User avatar
Topic Author
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am


Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Ok, so I headed out on my trip to Las Vegas.

jetBlue 195 JFK-LAS My Scheduled departure was 6:40 with an arrival of 9:35 PM.

I fought the usual traffic of getting to JFK and had time to spare. I was leaving from gate 23 in the temporary gate area. I ate in the regular area first and found the food choices to be pretty sparce or gross, but I got a sandwich for the flight which seemed decent enough. I took the bus over to the satellite area, which was funny, they had tons of buses, each of which seemed to pick up one person at a time. They temporarty area was quieter and still had plenty of amenities, so it ws nice. My flight left on time and was pretty uneventful, except the two girls going away together who sat next to me. One of them threatened to storm off cuz she was mad at the other one. I was kind of hoping that would happen, since it would be fun to watch, and then the other might follow and I'd get the row to myself.

We landed right on time, originally I was excited that my sister's flight would be arriving from CMH at 9:27, but she was delayed until about 1:30 due to a mechanical issue, so I had to meer her later at the hotel instead.

It was a Friday night at the airport was absolutely jamming at 9:30 PM. It is always funny, such a different vibe once you reach LAS from wherever you are coming from.

My second flight

Alaska Airlines 695 LAS -PDX departing 8:55 PM arriving 11:05 PM.

I was staying at The Luxor and leaving on Wednesday the 18th, I forgot how short the cab ride would be to LAS and arrived at just after 6 for my flight. There was a line at the Alsaka checkout counter that wasn't moving, and only one kiosk was working to check it. Apparently the power was out at LAS for about 40 minutes just before I arrived and when it came back, Alaska's terminals were not coming back up. At first I wasn't so sure of Alaska's ability to cope with this, not much seemed to be happening, but they eventually pulled together and got there terminals up and got everyone checked in. The line at the Southwest counter was the longest I'd ever seen it, it snaked almost down to the American counter. They had a number of flights delayed by a few minutes, I think to cover this back log since the security line for Southwest was also long. To get out to Terminal D for Alaska was a breeze so I had plenty of time to wander around down there. I got a sandwich for the flight. Our inbound aircraft was running late, so we were delayed about15 minutes. The gate agent, who also happened to be the one who checked me in at the ticket coutner announced that there was room in first class to upgrade for $50. I decided to go for it and sat in seat 3D. The service was nice. They served a dish of mixed nuts along with cocktail service. So we arrived a little bit late, but PDX was quiet and I had a ride picking me up so it went smoothly.

Next was my trip home

PDX-MDW-BDL on Southwest.

1452 PDX-MDW departing PDX at 10:40 AM and arriving MDW at 4:35

I got to PDX just after 9, I checked in at the counter since there was no line and the line at the kiosks was actual almost long. The line for security was much longer so I was glad I arrived early. It moved pretty smoothly so I still had time to get a coffee and browse at one last Powell's before boarding. I was in boarding group C and somehow got corraled to the end of the line, I was next to last in boarding and the plane was totally fully, but I wound up in a center seat, but row 17, so it wasn't all that bad. The front lav was out of service for part of the flight and the back rows were full with people. The FA's were friendly and effiicient, near the end of the flight they announced a birthday and there was a round of applause. We got peanuts and a snack pack along with our drink. I asked for a water. What is with the cans of water? a bottle is much better since you can save it for later which is why I ordered that, as it was I had to drink it right then and there. A weird thing on this flight was that we were cleared to take off right away and the FA's finished their saftery briefing in the air.

We landed on time at MDW where I waited for 1390 7:55 PM departure for Hartford BDL. I found out pretty early on it was delayed until 8:25 since the inbound was coming late from Orlando. This left me with lots of time to explore Midway.

I had a Dawgzilla for dinner and got popcorn from Nuts on Clark since that place seemed to be good and the popcorn lived up to it for me. Also while I was waiting I saw a woman board a flight with what appeared to be a wedding table centerpiece and I came to the conclusion that too many people travel with guitars, who probably don't need to be traveling with their guitars.

I was in boarding group B this time and worked by way to 2nd in line this time. This worked out much better for me this time, I got a first row aisle seat, so I had plenty of legroom and I was the first one off the flight when we landed at BDL. The FA's were pretty much all business on this flight. Since we were delayed and after chatting with one FA who said she began her day in Corpus Christi at 6:40 AM, I don't think anyone was in the mood for any games or humor on this flight. We landed at 11:45 PM, about 45 mins late. The baggage seemed to take a while, but I was the first person off the flight, so it probably just seemed that way. BDL does need new monitors over their baggage carousels, you can barely read them at all. I had friends waiting for me, so it was easy to get out of there.
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:15 am


Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Overall did you enjoy your B6 flight?
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.
User avatar
Topic Author
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am


Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:42 am

I've never had a B6 flight I didn't enjoy  Smile
Posts: 2797
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 am


Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:40 am

Quoting Spinkid (Thread starter):
BDL does need new monitors over their baggage carousels, you can barely read them at all.

I agree!

Quoting Spinkid (Reply 2):
I've never had a B6 flight I didn't enjoy  

Same here!
Good report. Interesting that you flew from JFK and came back to BDL.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 717atOGG, 9vswr, KBUF, NWOrientDC10 and 26 guests

Popular Searches On

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos