LAXorLGWonDL
Topic Author

DL ATL-LGW W/ Pics

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:54 am

Hello Everyone,

On 03 Oct, my two older sisters and one of my nieces (they flew in from the West Coast) met in ATL to travel to London. It was a familiar trip for my oldest sister and I, as we go often...and the farthest my other sister and niece had ever flown.

DL Flight #12, 767-400
Departure: 5:35pm
Seat: 30G - starboard side exit row

Check-in went smoothly at the self check in and security was pretty quick. I really like the open and modern look of the Delta Check in area @ ATL. After a 5,000 ft walk to the E Concourse, I met up with my sisters and niece. We proceeded to our gate and awaited boarding. The gate agents kept us informed about our delayed boarding and were very friendly. Boarding went very quickly, as the plane was not much more than half full. We were in 30 D,E,F,G, which provided us with plenty of leg room!

A few DL planes as we proceeded to the runway:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/whitrh01/DSCN3904.jpg

Take off:

In-flight:
- We were given decent amenity packs - eye mask, headphones, toothbrush/toothpaste, earplugs and hand lotion. Not a bad improvement!  Smile

- IFE was the new touch screen personal video monitors. The system worked well. There were many new movies (having come from Afghanistan last week, most were new to me at least!), a decent variety of music and games. I used the personal playlist feature to save batteries on my iPod.
- Drink service was frequent and I never felt as if I was lacking something to drink.
- The food was okay. I had the pasta with a cream sauce, which I did not particularly like...nothing against the food, but I do not like white sauces on pasta. My sisters really liked their chicken though. There was also salad, bread and a cookie for dessert. Breakfast was a croissant, banana and Nature Valley granola bar.

The flight staff were very friendly and always willing to provide anything we needed.

We landed early (640am or so) and proceeded to customs. The queue was pretty long and it took 45-60 minutes to get to the desk and proceed to baggage.

I was pleased with this flight and I felt that DL had really stepped up their int'l service in coach vice the last time I flew to LGW in the coach cabin. Service and IFE were excellent. The slimline leather seats were comfortable, but it seemed that the recline in the exit row may have been slightly limited; I'm willing to sacrifice some recline for legroom though.

Cheers!  Smile
Next Up: STR, JFK, ATL, TPA, ANC

semsem

RE: DL ATL-LGW W/ Pics

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:23 pm

US airlines invented the green leaves lettuce as a "starter" because it's cheap. Now most of them are serving "cookies / biscuits" as a desert also to save money. I hope that the European airlines will not start this. Swiss may follow soon. They already started serving the green lettuce as a starter.

Evan767

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:24 pm

Wow, nice amenity pack!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

DALelite

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:30 pm

Great amenity pack and great but short TR.

cheers: DALelite
They loved to fly and it showed..

cgnnrw

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Interesting amenity kit. When I flew DL from DUS this summer the earphones and lotion were together in one tiny plastic bag and the eyeshades were just laying on the seat. Glad you liked their service. How was the return flight?
A330 man.

EISHN

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Quoting LAXorLGWonDL (Thread starter):
- IFE was the new touch screen personal video monitors. The system worked well. There were many new movies (having come from Afghanistan last week, most were new to me at least!), a decent variety of music and games. I used the personal playlist feature to save batteries on my iPod.
- Drink service was frequent and I never felt as if I was lacking something to drink.
- The food was okay. I had the pasta with a cream sauce, which I did not particularly like...nothing against the food, but I do not like white sauces on pasta. My sisters really liked their chicken though. There was also salad, bread and a cookie for dessert. Breakfast was a croissant, banana and Nature Valley granola bar.

Flew with Delta recently for the first time, and have to say I was thoroughly impressed with their trans Atlantic service. I quite liked the pasta and white sauce, but that's just me. Also found the croissant to be quite tasty.
St. Flannan/ Fhlanain- She took off to find the footlights, And I took off for the sky

InbarD

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:52 am

Nice trip report. Short yet good. Thanks for sharing.

LAXorLGWonDL
Topic Author

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:30 am

Quoting Cgnnrw (Reply 4):

I'm working on my LTN-CDG-LTN TR and then the return.  Smile
Next Up: STR, JFK, ATL, TPA, ANC

B747forever

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:26 am

Great TR but short.

Nice amenity cit, a really good improvement from DL.

Looking forward for the LTN-CDG-LTN TR.
Work Hard, Fly Right

LXA340

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:07 am

Quoting Semsem (Reply 1):
Swiss may follow soon.

Oh semsem, Swiss was just voted again Europes Leading Airline, 2nd time in a row and their goal is to improve their overal product over the next years so I gues on long haul flights you can still expect a real desert Big grin

ba319-131

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:05 pm

Good TR, short but good.

It does seem DL is improving their service on their Intl flights, at least thats what I read on A.NET TR's.

Look forward to the return, hopefully a few more details and pics  Smile

Regards

Mark
111,732,3,4,5,7,8,BBJ,741,742,743,744,752,762,763,764,772,77L,773,77W,L15,D10,30,40,AB3,AB6,A312.313,319,320,321,332,333