Fri May 02, 2008 8:21 am

Virgin America
Thursday 05/01/2008
Flight VX 852 LAX - SFO
Aircraft: Airbus A320 N622VA
ETD: 3:35 PM
ETA: 4:55 PM
Flight Duration: 1 hr 20 min. gate-to-gate

My mom is (still in the air as of right now) flying back to Taiwan on CI 005 LAX - TPE. She is planning to stay there for a couple of months so I wanted to see her before she leaves for Taiwan. On Tuesday, I flew OAK - ONT on Southwest and there really isn’t much to write about. The only thing happened was that the B737-300’s airflow pipe (??) was stuck so the engine couldn’t start. They had to tow the plane back to the gate and the mechanics fixed (or adjusted... I really don’t know what they did) the plane in about 10 minutes.

Anyway, the highlight of this trip was visiting our recently bought house in Corona. Other than that, I played a whole lot with my cute pug - Frodo.

On my way back, I wanted to try Virgin America for the first time. I have to say, I am impressed with the services and timeliness for the entire trip! I hope they keep up the quality services! I’m going to stop blabbering now... let the pictures speak for themselves! Big grin Any comment is welcomed!

My seat... 2A, very comfortable seats... Mmmm~

Final approach into SFO..

These are pictures of Foster City.. I’ll be residing on one of the islands after I graduate in June! Big grin

Touchdown!

After everyone deplaned, I stayed after for a little bit to take some pictures...

N622VA’s flight deck..

Then... a tad bit spotting at SFO..

BA B744 moving to gate..

VX N524VA

Thanks for reading! I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures. Again, ANY comment is welcomed! Big grin

Peace;
foppish bum
Taiwanese-American :D

TupolevTu154

RE: VX LAX-SFO First Class (with Pics!)

Fri May 02, 2008 8:40 am

VX certainly look like a fantastic airline. How much was your first class ticket?

Certainly an airline I'll look next time I visit the US.

Tom Big grin

davescj

Fri May 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Interesting TR, how was the cabin service on what is quite a short flight?

Dave
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

N787ZZ

Sat May 03, 2008 2:23 am

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing!  cool 

tsaord

Sat May 03, 2008 5:28 am

I hope VX moves into MDW!!!!
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

anonms

Sat May 03, 2008 9:38 am

Did you try the snack box? That was my favorite part of VX's first class.
This is my signature.

coolfish1103

Sat May 03, 2008 10:28 am

I like how VX dims their lights... it feels very special.

Great pictures and TR.

foppishbum

Sat May 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone! Sorry for the lack of descriptions for in-flight services and stuff... I'm not much of a writer LOL!  tongue 

Quoting TupolevTu154 (Reply 1):
How much was your first class ticket?

Including tax, it is USD $209.50. I don't think I'll do First Class again for LAX-SFO route because it's just a little bit over an hour. However, I'll maybe do SFO-JFK or IAD in First cus it's quite a long flight and it will be totally worth it.

Quoting Davescj (Reply 2):
how was the cabin service on what is quite a short flight?

The cabin service was superb. There was one FA (almost) specific for First Class passengers. If he's doing something for the Main Deck passenger and First Class asked for something, he dropped what he was doing for the Main Deck and served the First Class passengers almost every time.

Pillows and blankets were already on each seat when we boarded so you don't need to ask for one. And, the First Class FA gave each and everyone of First Class passengers a pre-flight beverage of his or her choice almost immediately after we boarded. I actually had 3 glasses of beer, a glass of water, and the snack box. To be honest, I wasn't gonna drink that much alcohol but the FA was kind enough to refill it for me every time I finished. LOL! I was a bit tipsy when we arrived in SFO. During the flight, unless you're sleeping, the FA would constantly ask you if you need everything if you looked bored.  Smile

Quoting Anonms (Reply 5):
Did you try the snack box?

Yes! It was very delicious. My snack box had a small serving of Japanese (or was it Italian?) cold noodles, chunks of portobello mushrooms, and a yogurt-like thing for dessert. The First Class FA offered snack boxes for passengers right after we reached cruising altitude.

Quoting Coolfish1103 (Reply 6):
I like how VX dims their lights... it feels very special.

I do like their lightings... but I'm also a sun person so when I boarded a dark dimmed aircrafts, I felt kinda bummed out. I opened my three windows and the person in 1A did the same. Interestingly, the people in 1D and 2D didn't bother to open their windows.

JetBlueAUS

Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Virgin America is an excellent airline. My trip on them from SFO to LAS was incredible. Glad you enjoyed your VX flight!  Smile
Not all of us can be heroes, some of us can only stand on the sidewalk and clap as they go by.

OneWay

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:36 pm

The crew says nothing about you stay in the plane to take pics ?
Really love your cockpit pics, and cabin views !
No pics of the snack ?
Florian

foppishbum

Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:14 am

Quoting OneWay (Reply 9):
The crew says nothing about you stay in the plane to take pics ?
Really love your cockpit pics, and cabin views !
No pics of the snack ?

LOL! I don't know if it's because I was in F or what but they didn't say anything and actually told me to take my time. The lead FA actually was taking several pictures with me, LOL! And about the snack.. I was so hungry I downed it before I thought about my camera. Big grin