Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:16 pm

June 27, 2008
QF Flight 150
LAX-SYD
Boeing 747-400
Scheduled Depart 23:55
Actual Depart 00:08
Check-in
The staff was very friendly. They told us how great Australia is and how we will have such a great time. They were really nice
Security
Was normal security stuff. Agent was pretty grumpy.
The terminal was not that great. I expected more from LAX. Some good food sports like Burger King and Starbucks.
Boarding went well. We got to board with Business Class which made us feel important  Smile. Once we were all set we pushed back and after a 24 hour delay were on our way! The flight was pretty nice only a few bumps along the way. The thing I liked was how much the seats reclined. Being used to domestic aircraft it was nice to see a seat with a little more legroom and a fairly good reclining seat. The IFE system was pretty good. Lots of good tv shows like Two and a half men, Megastructures, and family guy. The food was just ok. I had the quiche and well a few hours of the flight weren't too pretty. They had one hot flight attendant. It was funny cause there were 5 students and it was like syncronized head moving when she walked by.
We landed about 10 or 15 minutes early.
Immigration/Customs
Went through very smooth. The agent had lived by me in Connecticut for a few years so when she saw my passport she asked me about some things going on in the state. It was pretty neat. Customs was easy they saw our People to People badges and let us through quick.
Overall Qantas was excellent and I would for sure fly with them again. A US airline needs a product like that.
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

staralliance38

RE: People To People Qantas LAX-SYD No Pics Part 2

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:28 am

Cool flight! Man, its been more than 10 years since I've flown a 747! We flew UA on our trip so it was a 767 from IAD to AMS and a 777 from LHR-IAD.

Quoting Jetblueguy22 (Thread starter):
Customs was easy they saw our People to People badges and let us through quick.

Hah! When people saw ours, they thought "Americans" lol
Roar, lion, roar

jetblueguy22

RE: People To People Qantas LAX-SYD No Pics Part 2

Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:36 am

Quoting StarAlliance38 (Reply 1):
Hah! When people saw ours, they thought "Americans" lol

LoL. I'm sure they were thinking that too!
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club