thegivenone

Trip Report 2.0, VIE-DXB-EBB With Emirates

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi all,

I have spent some time to put together an all-new trip report experience to document my recent wonderful trip from Austria to Uganda with Emirates. This trip report has been put together on a custom website, designed specifically to enhance navigation throughout the various report sections and to highlight its multimedia features.

Prior to embarking on this trip, I collected some input from these forums to see what features of the report people would like to see. Due to the rarity of this trip, I wanted to make sure to document all aspects that fellow Anetters would be interested in. The general consensus was to focus on collecting images and video from the African airports I would be visiting (EBB and ADD on a stopover), along with documenting my impressions of DXB's Terminal 3 during our eight hour stopover.

I have done my best to document as many details of this trip as possible and to present these in a user-friendly and engaging way. I would love to hear your feedback on the trip and on my new trip report format.

I warn you now that this report is long and includes a lot of large photos! Enjoy reading!

Link to Trip Report 2.0: VIE-DXB-EBB on Emirates

Airthanet

RE: Trip Report 2.0, VIE-DXB-EBB With Emirates

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Thegivenone!

Brilliant report and photos!! I loved way you set out your report and your description of the two EK flights were perfect.Much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see a B772 in Uganda for a change.

Happy Flying!
Recently Flown Airlines: Air Malta (KM), My Travel (MYT), First Choice (FCA), Swiss (LX), Virgin Atlantic (VS), Monarch

Force13

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 pm

WOW! Great trip report! Easy to navigate and I loved the pic's!
Do not taunt. Do not shake. Do not pander. Add coffee. Subject should be slightly human within an hour.

henkybaby

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Nicely done! Great design and enjoyable. Must have been a lot of work...
Wherever you go, there you are!

PlaneHunter

Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am

Great report with nice pictures. The layout is a good idea - however one cannot mark any quotes for comments.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

directorguy

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:57 am

Wow....great report! I love the layout, it was so clear and easy to navigate. And the pictures were high-quality, too. You're certainly good at this! Format's amazing, I can tell you're a very dedicated traveller.
And btw, toilets in Dubai don't always flush in hot water except in places like the beach or something. Indoors, it's always cool. I suppose the water system was overloaded and overheated at DXB that day.
Thanks for sharing!
Regards,
DG

semsem

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Wow. What a fantastic impressive report.

Do you have any pictures of Uganda? I heard they have some impressive game parks? Murchison Falls etc.

I agree with you about Austrian apple juice. It is the best. I also like the Swiss one.

I still remember Schwechat in 1958. There were 2 planes on the tarmac; AUA and BEA Vickers Viscounts. It is amazing to see it now.

MHTripple7

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:13 pm

WOW! This is one the best Trip Reports I've read. Everything was really well done, especially the videos. However, I'm not sure I would enjoy an 8 hour layover even if it's in an airport like DXB. I was also surprised to see the flights so full. That's very good for EK! Thanks for sharing!

ba319-131

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Great report & pictures!

Enjoyed, looks like EK service is pretty good (when good!), are the days of incoinsistency over? - time will tell.

Meals look generous as always, shame about the lack of drink runs though.

Look forward to the return report.

Regards

Mark
111,732,3,4,5,7,8,BBJ,741,742,743,744,752,762,763,764,772,77L,773,77W,L15,D10,30,40,AB3,AB6,A312.313,319,320,321,332,333

airbuseric

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 am

Hi, great report. I like your style, very well designed!  thumbsup .

EK performs well on your flights. Meals look great for Y-class, IFE is supurb quality.
Don't like it that they use such small preboarding gate area in VIE.
Nice to see the large airport name of EBB. Is this for unfamiliar pilots, who can first identify the airport before they proceed to land?!

Regards,
Eric
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"