Topic Author

CPH-ORY-CPH With DY (Paris Airshow 2009)

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:34 am

Boeing 737-800

Hi everyone!

This is my first TR here in, so don't take it hard  Silly.

I decided to fly to Paris because of the Paris Airshow of course  Smile(Yes i know I'm a bit late for this due to because i wasn't F class member.)
We bought our tickets in December 2008 if i remember correctly.
As it doesn't say in my profile i live in Lund, Sweden which is far South of Sweden 20km from Malmö and about 40km from CPH. We bought DY because i wanted to try a low cost airline for my first time in my life  Smile. And actually, the flight has been delayed 4 times! from 3PM to 7PM, well that wasn't a good start for the low costs :P. But it was all ok. DY has started a hub in CPH since Sterling got bankrupted ( started a hub as well)

We went to the airport 3 hours before the flight because we got to drive through Malmö first and cross to CPH by the Öresundsbro (Bridge) which will take 1 hour or so...
When we arrived at the airport the check in was ready to start in about 10 minutes. We started to check in at the Terminal 3 and went to the terminal. And started to do a litle spotting Big grin
Underway to our gate:
At the gate:
We begun our boarding:
a SAS MD-80 beside our DY B738
Already inside the aircraft, when we got inside, i could really notice the "New plane smell"
We begun the push back:
Taxing to the rwy:
Taking off!!
After 1 hour and 30 min or so we begun the descend  Sad i think i was sort of having fun because it felt like we flew 10 minutes!
We landed wonderfully
Video of the taxing to the gate (not landing, sorry! i dont like to "break rules")
Started to take pics a litle bit
Our gate
We arrived at ORY 9PM exactly  Smile we went to the baggage claim and took the taxi to Sceaux where my dads friend lives, yes we didn't stay in a hotel. The second day we went to Paris town since it was long time i was there. 19th of june we wooke up 6AM to take the train to Le Bourget, the best airshow i've ever been in Big grin
random pictures of the planes
Video of the A380 taking off
The best picture i have taken at the show:
A litle crowded :P
Inside the Zero-G A300:

I am very, very, very sorry for the bad quality
That was all, after the Air Show we had 4 days left to visit Paris. Then the flight back to CPH
which i didnt take so many pics because i was very tierd (Sorry!) I hope you enjoyed my first TR

Take Care

RE: CPH-ORY-CPH With DY (Paris Airshow 2009)

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Good try Cami! Thanks for the wide selection of pictures too. It looks like you have thoroughly enjoyed the Paris Air Show!

Always go the extra mile , its worth it ;)

RE: CPH-ORY-CPH With DY (Paris Airshow 2009)

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Nice to see another report on DY!
I will be writing my report on DY shortly
Lucky you got one of theirn nice 738's. Unfortunatly I was on LN-NON with a terrible interior.