Topic Author

Montreal And Ottawa For Canada Day! On AC In J

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Fly the DC10 before you can't!

loveofflying
Topic Author

RE: Montreal And Ottawa For Canada Day! On AC In J

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

How sad... Nobody likes my trip report...  
I'm looking for constructive criticism and any comments at all...

Contact Air

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I do like your report - it does contain some very nice pictures.

But may I give you a small piece of advice for future trip reports? You will get much more feedback and replies if you post your reports on A.Net directly instead of just putting up links. If I click onto a trip report title and I find five links instead of getting to the report directly, I might not go any further. This forum is full of high quality reports and people are sometimes lazy. So it should be as easy as possible to reach a report. It might cost you a bit of time to copy the content into A.Net but I think it is worth the effort.

Regards
Christoph

loveofflying
Topic Author

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Quoting Contact Air (Reply 2):
I do like your report - it does contain some very nice pictures.

But may I give you a small piece of advice for future trip reports? You will get much more feedback and replies if you post your reports on A.Net directly instead of just putting up links. If I click onto a trip report title and I find five links instead of getting to the report directly, I might not go any further. This forum is full of high quality reports and people are sometimes lazy. So it should be as easy as possible to reach a report. It might cost you a bit of time to copy the content into A.Net but I think it is worth the effort.

Regards
Christoph

Thanks - all pictures were taken with my iPhone 3GS - they will get better once I purchase the iPhone 4.

I don't know - what do you think if I just posted up Part 1 onto A-NET and then links to the rest - to lure, in a sense, people to read the rest?

I don't mind if people don't read - I just find that formatting etc. is much better on the blog than on A-NET, and I can actually edit stuff that's already been posted after 30 minutes have passed... Grrrr..... Thank you for your input!

loveofflying

ac888yow

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm reading and enjoying your report. I also read and enjoyed your Poland report.

BUT:

Quoting loveofflying (Reply 3):
I don't mind if people don't read - I just find that formatting etc. is much better on the blog than on A-NET, and I can actually edit stuff that's already been posted after 30 minutes have passed... Grrrr..... Thank you for your input!

The blog may be more convenient for you, but as as reader I don't really care for it and would prefer to have it all within the a.net forum. Judging by the (lack of) responses many others seem to agree. People don't like being re-directed elsewhere when they're on THIS site to read trip reports.

I don't know - what do you think if I just posted up Part 1 onto A-NET and then links to the rest - to lure, in a sense, people to read the rest?

It's all or nothing, and my suggestion is all. i.e., bring the entire report into a.net. Then you'll get more comments because the entire report is contained in one spot and people can quote/comment much more easily.

Granted the inability to edit after 30 min is a pain, but if you prepare it offline and proof-read as everyone should, it shouldn't really be necessary.

One final note against the blog and for a.net: I'm trying to access part 3 but the link won't load (slow site or some other problem). It's annoying and frustrating.

jmy007

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:47 pm

I applauded your effort, and what I have seen and read are good. However, most folks on here want to see the report here, and not have to click on a link. And in the case of your report, if you click on the first link, you have to click on another link to get to the report. That can be off putting to some, especially if it's to a site that's unfamiliar to them.

Keep up the good work, and take the time to post with in this space here!
Cookies are the Gateway pastry. They lead to Éclairs and Bear Claws.

lychemsa

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Good to see you had an up to date EnRoute magazine. That was not the case with me. Depended on which seat was in.
As to the baby in the video, I can understand your point of view. It would have driven me nuts.