Carfield
Topic Author

Short Report: AF A380 CDG-LHR July 2010

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:55 pm

Air France A380 Experience:

July 26, 2010; Monday
AF 1980 CDG-LHR Lv1005 Arr1025 Airbus A380-800 F-HPJB
Link – http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QbNHDNy5bqSDY

I think you have all read enough about the special Air France A380 flight running between London Heathrow and Paris Charles De Gaulle airport. I did not want to say much more except it is a brilliant move by Air France, and the publicity it generates is tremendous and you can’t really introduce a new aircraft with that much fanfare like this occasion. It is almost my first Air France experience, which is beyond my expectation, considered Air France’s reputation and mixed reviews. It is not top notch, but acceptable. Of course the A380s are beautiful and the first class cabin looks wonderful, but business class despite looking smart is disappointing without a full flat seats, and the lack of innovation in terms of seat comfort. I took many pictures including the J seats in a preset recline position and lie flat position, so you can be the judge. The food served on the 40 minutes flight was sufficient, but for business class, I honestly think proper glasses and cups should be used on beverage service. If the old VLM service can handle a beverage service using glasses on a 30 minutes London City to Manchester flight, Air France should have no issue.

Enjoy the pictures!

Carfield