mel

Toronto-Dubai A380 Emirates Video + Pics

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Here's a link to my Emirates A380 trip report, flying Toronto-Dubai a few months ago. This was my second time flying the A380 (my first trip was actually Emirates' 4th ever commercial flight on the A380 from New York - Dubai), and I'm again amazed at how quiet the A380 is inside the cabin.

Toronto-Dubai load factor was approximately 80 - 90% in Economy. I asked to go upstairs for some cabin shots after landing, but the Economy purser didn't want me taking photos of First and Biz Class being a mess (not yet groomed), to which I understood.

Some parts of the video are in fast-forward, and the audio turned down to try to minimize the impact of the numerous screaming babies throughout the flight.

Anyway, there are two youtube videos linked, via this link.

Enjoy!
Matt

http://www.contrailsphotography.com/trip17.html
NO URLS in signature

jeffrey1970

RE: Toronto-Dubai A380 Emirates Video + Pics

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:50 pm

You did a great job. You should look to get into making destination/travel videos. You do a great job.
God bless through Jesus, Jeff

AI151

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey Matt,

An amazing video TR. The pictures and presentation are of the top quality. I loved how you managed to capture the stunning night take-off at Toronto with all the lights right away. It's definitely not a shot we see that often. Good to see that the meal servings were generous and a shame about the crying babies, but there's always going to be a few of them on every flight.

Your pictures of Dubai were simply stunning. I love the city to bits and seeing it through your eyes has made me want to go again. Loved the water show at the end and it was funny to see it in fast forward. You definitely ended the TR on a great note by capturing the Burj Khalifa when the lights were being turned on.

Look forward to more excellent TR's

Sandeep (AI151)
Modern Vision. Timeless Traditions...

Burj

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 am

Wow the videos are excellent and really well put together!

Where there A LOT of crying babies on those flights, or did the sped up video just make them sound more annoying than usual?

Quokka

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:23 am

Thanks Matt.
Those were some very good videos. The images from the tail camera were amazingly clear considering that you were capturing from ICE.
I enjoyed listening to the list of languages spoken by the crew. It is always fascinating to see how cosmopolitan the EK staff are. What was the crew - passenger interaction like? I've always found it to be good, but others have different views.
Thanks for posting the link.