Distance: 6871mi
Flight: TK 10
Flight Time: 12:08h
Dep. Time: 17:59
Aircraft: Boeing 777-3F2/ER
Dep. Gate: 105
Seat: 41K
Movie: Valentine’s Day

I arrived at the check in counter at about 1600 for a 1755 departure. There was no line and I was called right away to a counter used for Business Class check in. The agent was very friendly but new and not too familiar with people flying stand by so she had to get some help. After about 10 minutes I was checked in for the flight to Istanbul and had a boarding pass in my hand. She also had checked me in for my connecting flight IST-MUC but she could not give a boarding pass for that flight.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK012.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK015.jpg

Security was much more stringent than usual in the US but there wasn’t a long line and I was thru in about five minutes. I went directly to the gate and looked for the registration of the aircraft I was about to fly. Boarding started at 17:10 for the 17:55 departure and was done by row numbers after people with small children had been offered to board. Business Class could board at any time and there were two lanes for boarding.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK017.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK021.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK022.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK026.jpg

I was one of the first 10 people to board which is great which means I can take pictures of the cabin for this report. First impressions were very good; good legroom, foot rest, winged head rest, large PTV and USB port. There was a pillow and blanket at every seat.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK028.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK029.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK030.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK031.jpg

Amenity kits were handed out by friendly flight attendants. The one thing I didn’t like was the two-prong outlet for the headset which it would be more difficult for me to use my own headset. A lot of airlines seem to do this which to me does not make any sense; just have the one-prong outlet so people can use their own headsets.

I explored the inflight entertainment options and I was happy to note that the airshow was the newer version where you can zoom in. I was also very happy to see that Turkish Airlines have the outside camera where you can see forward or downward. Movie selection was okay with about 50 movies but not as impressive as on Emirates.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK035.jpg

Push-back was a few minutes after scheduled departure time and I noticed that the flight was about 30 % full. This was the second flight from LAX to IST since TK started service on the route. There were quite a few Turkish people but also some people from India and Pakistan on board as well. Shortly after take-off, flight attendants came around with menus for the meal service and a drink service began. Hazel nuts were handed out and interestingly, both Coca Cola and Pepsi were offered. Due to my liquid restrictions, I did not have anything to drink at this time but enjoyed the hazel nuts.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK039.jpg

Shortly after the drink service the main meal service began. I had the beef option which was prime beef burger herbed butter, ratatouille and potato gratin. It also came with green salad with mozzarella, yoghurt with cucumbers and peach cake for desert. The flight attendants also came around with bread. The salad was okay but not my favorite kind of salad. The main course was fantastic and the meals are provided on TK by Do&Co which is an Austrian company that also used to provide meals for Lauda Air. They have a very good reputation and did not disappoint. The peach cake was okay but again not quite what I like. Beer and Turkish wine was offered and I tried the Turkish beer Efes which was very good. A bit unusual for a muslim country like Turkey produce both beer and wine. A pet peeve of mine is to provide a tooth pick but unfortunately, TK does not provide one. Water bottles were handed out after the meal service to each passenger.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK040.jpg

I started to watch the movie and then went to sleep. I had three seats for myself and I was able to stretch out and get some good sleep. I slept for about five hours and missed the mid-flight sandwich.

Breakfast was served about two hours before arrival and came with a fresh fruit salad, assorted cheese, mushroom omelette with fried potatoes and bread with jam. It was nice and flight attendants also came around with drinks and I had a lemonade which was very good.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK041.jpg

Routing was basically over Idaho, straight over Hudson bay, over Iceland, Stavanger, Wroclaw, Bourgas and over the Black Sea to Istanbul.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK036.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK038.jpg

All in all, a great flight on Turkish Airlines especially the meal service which was fantastic.

I appolologize for the bad picture quality since I’m still getting used to my fairly new camera. Also the battery in my camera died while in flight so not possible to try to retake pictures to get better pictures. I’ll make sure to have the camera charged the next time.

Not so sure about my next 777 adventure but perhaps Biman Bangladesh 77W later this year ?

Thanks for reading and Iappriciate your comments.

The777Man

[Edited 2011-03-21 13:34:25]
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

OA260

RE: Turkish 77W LAX-IST 5 Mar11 Ain Y With Pics

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Hey congratulations on being the first to report on this route . Great to see the meals were good. I think the two prongs are so you cant easily use them anywhere else   Could be wrong! You can actually buy an adapter to turn your one prong jack into a double one for around $5 . I have one and it works well.

Will be interesting to see how well this route performs. The Indian / Pakistani communities have to be a target for TK. Even the Balkans. TK were advertising cheap fares ATH-IST-LAX recently. So I guess they are targeting various markets.

Thanks for the report.

OA260

FLIEGER67

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi, Lars,

congrats also from me to fly this new route very soon after they started it.
The TK plane looks like ok, also the meals, not bad.
Good to see you in the air again.
I was also in Turkey at Monday the 7th, but not around IST.

Greetings,
Markus(FLIEGER67)
Tripreporter.net

lewis

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Quoting oa260 (Reply 1):
TK were advertising cheap fares ATH-IST-LAX recently.

I was considering them for flying back to ATH this summer, unfortunately the connection times were not good at all, both LX and KLM/AF have more comvenient flights.

TK787

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks for the trip report.
30% load factor is not good, even for the 2nd flight.
Since this route ties down 1.5 77Ws from an eventual 12 strong T7 fleet.
I am sure things will pick up with time and especially with summer. I see a lot of TURKEY, BE OUR GUEST spots on tv in NYC. I wonder if that is the case around LAX.

lewis

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 4):
Thanks for the trip report.
Since this route ties down 1.5 77Ws from an eventual 12 strong T7 fleet.
I am sure things will pick up with time and especially with summer. I see a lot of TURKEY, BE OUR GUEST spots on tv in NYC. I wonder if that is the case around LAX.

Yeah the load factor seems low but if I am not mistaken I saw promos around LAX. Also, I am not sure if there is a big Turkish population around here but IST is a good connection point. Again, too bad its not so convenient for ATH, I'd like to try their L/H product.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks for the TR. Glad you made it. Too bad the batteries died before you arrived in IST.

Quoting The777Man (Thread starter):
The main course was fantastic and the meals are provided on TK by Do&Co which is an Austrian company

True food on THY tends to be quite good.

Don't think it gets much mention but Do&Co was started by a Turk that lives in Austria (he was in LA for the launch flight), and THY now has 50% ownership stake in the company since 2007.

Quoting oa260 (Reply 1):
Will be interesting to see how well this route performs. The Indian / Pakistani communities have to be a target for TK. Even the Balkans.

While Indian/Pakistan passengers wont be ignored the initial LA target markets are Iran, Africa esp Ethiopia, CIS and Levent countries.

Quoting lewis (Reply 3):
unfortunately the connection times were not good at all,

Really?

For the summer 2011 schedule they have a IST-ATH departure mere 1:25 after the LAX arrival, and for the return there is a 2:10 connection from ATH to LAX flight.

Quoting TK787 (Reply 4):

Its been picking up. Should average about 55% for the first 2-mos. Launching a North Atlantic flight during the winter schedule season is not ideal. (see IAD)

Quoting TK787 (Reply 4):
I wonder if that is the case around LAX.

We have lots of Kobe related adds. Also Turkish Culture & Tourism Ministry is actively participating in various trade shows and events in the region also.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

abrelosojos

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:02 am

Awesome report - and I might be flying this route very soon. Quick question - of all the 777's you have flown, service wise, what are the top 5? Bottom 5? You ARE the exper!

Saludos,
A.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 6):
While Indian/Pakistan passengers wont be ignored the initial LA target markets are Iran, Africa esp Ethiopia, CIS and Levent countries.

= Interesting. I would have thought that TLV would have been a big target market as well?
Live, and let live.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:04 am

Quoting abrelosojos (Reply 7):
= Interesting. I would have thought that TLV would have been a big target market as well?

It should have been till Turkey and Israel had a falling out last summer over the Mavi Marmara ship incident, and subsequent virtual boycott of Turkey by Israeli tourist.

I'm sure they would be happy to sell TLV xfers, however its not as big of a focus it would have been only 12-months ago.

amax1977

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 am

Very nice TR. Thank you for sharing.

I'll be on TK's LAX-IST this coming Saturday 3/26 connecting to TK's new destination Shiraz.

aflyingkiwi

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 am

Hi Lars,

Nice Report!, seems like you're doing very well ticking off all the 777 carriers. TK's product looks pretty good, especially the meals which look very nice.

Looking forward to your next report,

Regards,
aflyingkiwi

ronerone

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:29 am

Great report Lars.

Thanks to your 777 hunts, i seem to always know what to expect on my next 777 flight   Keep them coming!

TK looks like a decent product, and judging by their behaviour in the inductry of late, they are flexing some muscle in front of the GCC carriers!

I am wondering if the Indian Sub-Continent passengers that were on your flight were due to the new PIA partnership.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Cheers,
Roni
Fly Roni. Aviation Journeys. Photos. Videos.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Quoting amax1977 (Reply 9):
I'll be on TK's LAX-IST this coming Saturday 3/26 connecting to TK's new destination Shiraz.

Hey give us a TR also.

Quoting ronerone (Reply 11):
I am wondering if the Indian Sub-Continent passengers that were on your flight were due to the new PIA partnership.

There is nothing operational in place. The PIA unions pretty much have gummed up JV between the airlines. They are now seeking to sign a basic-code share instead, but even that is opposed by the PK employees.

amax1977

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 12):
Hey give us a TR also.

Definitely I will!   

akhmad

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Lars,

You did it again! What a marvelous trip on board of TK 77W from LAX. TK seems to hold high service standard on the 77W flagship routes. I love the interior. The meal presentation looks appealing.

Pity about the light load, but at least you had a decent sleep for couple hours.

Are you flying 77W as well to MUC?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Suryo
Friends forever

nethkt

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Thank you for trip report on the fairly new route of TK!

The seats and PTV look really nice!

Really like TK that they still provide menu and comfort kit in Economy class, plus second meal is full hot meal!
Not just a piece of cold dry ham with stone bread and a cup of juice like many other non-asian airlines.

This flight is another great choice for Eastern Europe/Middle east pax. The new 77W of TK is looking good.
I'm pretty sure that load factor will picking up and reach almost 100% soon!

At least this a new Star alliance choice from LAX to eastern Europe/ Europe/ Northern Africa/ Middle east!

net-hkt
Let's just blame it on yields.

palmjet

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi there - very nice report. Thanks for posting this. Seems like a very long route from LAX. I know it's not the longest, but must be up there somewhere!

TK really seem to expanding their international horizons rapidly in the past 2 years or so.

Cheers P/jet
Eastern - Number One To The Sun

lewis

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Really?

For the summer 2011 schedule they have a IST-ATH departure mere 1:25 after the LAX arrival, and for the return there is a 2:10 connection from ATH to LAX flight.

Just checked THY.com, again. LAX-ATH run gives me two options with connecting time either 5h30 (arr @ IST 17:10, dep to ATH 22:40) or 14h55 (arr @ IST 17:10, dep to ATH 8:05 next day). All flights from LAX arrive @ IST 17:10, there is no flight to ATH 1h25 later as you say, at least not for June.

The777Man
Topic Author

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi !

Many thanks for all the comments!

Quoting oa260 (Reply 1):
Will be interesting to see how well this route performs. The Indian / Pakistani communities have to be a target for TK. Even the Balkans. TK were advertising cheap fares ATH-IST-LAX recently. So I guess they are targeting various markets.

TK has great connections to Iran and not just IKA but also MHD and apperently Shiraz.

Quoting FLIEGER67 (Reply 2):
I was also in Turkey at Monday the 7th, but not around IST.

Looking forward to your report!

Quoting abrelosojos (Reply 7):
Quick question - of all the 777's you have flown, service wise, what are the top 5? Bottom 5? You ARE the exper!

A very tricky question; too bad I haven't a system like yours for camparison.....

It's very difficult to compare a 40 min flight with a 12h flight but here's a try:

The carriers that gave me the best impressions for various reasons (not in order) :

Japan Air System (JD)

Lauda Air (NG)

Varig Brasil (RG)

Vietnam Airlines (VN)

Etihad Airways (EY)

Air India (AI)

I guess that was six but oh well......

Bottom five is more difficult (not in order):

British Airways (BA)

Japan Airlines (JL)

EgyptAir (MS)

Aeroflot (SU)

EVA Air (BR)

I guess Aeroflot (SU) was in a class of its own; very hard seat, food not very good and bad service. Also sat next to a Mongolian man who reeked of urine......

Quoting Aflyingkiwi (Reply 10):
seems like you're doing very well ticking off all the 777 carriers.

Still missing Philippines (PR)........

Quoting akhmad (Reply 14):
Are you flying 77W as well to MUC?

No flew IST-MUC on TK where I had a great day spotting with PlaneHunter and then flew LH nonstop to LAX.

Quoting Palmjet (Reply 16):
Seems like a very long route from LAX. I know it's not the longest,

Most transpacific flights are of the same length if not longer. Think I read that LAX-IST is TK's longest flight.

Thanks again for all the comments!

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

OA412
Crew

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:05 pm

Beer and Turkish wine was offered and I tried the Turkish beer Efes which was very good. A bit unusual for a muslim country like Turkey produce both beer and wine.

Well it's sort of a tricky question at this point between the more religious factions in Turkey and the secularists, but Turkey has historically been far more secular than most other Muslim countries which accounts for why they produce alcoholic beverages.

Quoting lewis (Reply 17):

I checked orbitz.com, and on the days that IST-LAX actually operates, I'm seeing a 2h10m connection at IST. However, the only connection that shows up for the LAX-IST-ATH leg is the 5h30m connection you found.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

abrelosojos

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 am

Quoting The777Man (Reply 18):
Japan Air System (JD)

Lauda Air (NG)

Varig Brasil (RG)

Vietnam Airlines (VN)

Etihad Airways (EY)

Air India (AI)

I guess that was six but oh well......

Bottom five is more difficult (not in order):

British Airways (BA)

Japan Airlines (JL)

EgyptAir (MS)

Aeroflot (SU)

EVA Air (BR)

I guess Aeroflot (SU) was in a class of its own; very hard seat, food not very good and bad service. Also sat next to a Mongolian man who reeked of urine......

= Wow. Cool list - and pretty diverse as well. Just shows how well traveled you are with the 777 ... and also how diverse of a clientele the aircraft has!

Saludos,
A.
Live, and let live.

OA260

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:42 am

Just checked THY.com, again. LAX-ATH run gives me two options with connecting time either 5h30 (arr @ IST 17:10, dep to ATH 22:40) or 14h55 (arr @ IST 17:10, dep to ATH 8:05 next day). All flights from LAX arrive @ IST 17:10, there is no flight to ATH 1h25 later as you say, at least not for June.

I cant remember the dates but I did see short connections so I guess its dependant on the month and the days of the week.

The777Man
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

Quoting abrelosojos (Reply 20):
Wow. Cool list - and pretty diverse as well. Just shows how well traveled you are with the 777 ... and also how diverse of a clientele the aircraft has!

Thanks Alex!

Turkish would be right up there after the top six/.

The777Man

Quoting OA412 (Reply 19):
Well it's sort of a tricky question at this point between the more religious factions in Turkey and the secularists, but Turkey has historically been far more secular than most other Muslim countries which accounts for why they produce alcoholic beverages

Thanks! That makes sense. One can hope Turkey can lead the way to secularize more muslim countries just as Western Europe has been secularized as well.

The777Man

[Edited 2011-03-23 01:54:06]

PlaneHunter

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Lars,

I had been looking forward to see this report! Well done, really enjoyed reading! The catering is great, I must try TK soon. That omelette looks huge.

I was one of the first 10 people to board which is great which means I can take pictures of the cabin for this report.

Yes, always a pleasure for us trip reporters.

First impressions were very good; good legroom, foot rest, winged head rest, large PTV and USB port. There was a pillow and blanket at every seat.

Very nice interior - but I guess these light blue seat covers get dirty quickly.

Hazel nuts were handed out and interestingly, both Coca Cola and Pepsi were offered.

Quite odd. That doesn't make sense, does it?

Routing was basically over Idaho, straight over Hudson bay, over Iceland, Stavanger, Wroclaw, Bourgas and over the Black Sea to Istanbul.

I enjoyed tracking your flight over Germany and Poland for a while.

Not so sure about my next 777 adventure but perhaps Biman Bangladesh 77W later this year ?

Sounds like a great idea!

No flew IST-MUC on TK where I had a great day spotting with PlaneHunter and then flew LH nonstop to LAX.

It was a great day indeed, hope to meet you again soon - wherever that may be.

PH
Nothing's worse than flying the same reg twice!

debonair

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Nice to read...

I was called right away to a counter used for Business Class check in. The agent was very friendly but new and not too familiar with people flying stand by so she had to get some help.

A no-go for a Business-Class counter...

FlyingFinn76

Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Lars,

How great for you to catch yet another triple seven variant plus operator combination. Turkish certainly has been on an expansion spree for the last couple of years, it's hard to keep up with all the new routes they keep opening! LAX-IST sounds like an interesting route, shame about the low load (well, good for you since you could spread out for a good night's sleep...) but I guess a new and somewhat obscure route needs some time to get up to speed.

That Biman ride sounds very interesting, hope you can pull it off!

The777Man
Topic Author

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi !

Thanks for more comments!

Quoting PlaneHunter (Reply 23):
Quite odd. That doesn't make sense, does it?

There were add for hazelnuts in the inflight magazine as well so perhaps it's a Turkish thing ?

Quoting debonair (Reply 24):
A no-go for a Business-Class counter...

Well, everyone is new and this was the second flight so I was not surprised. A regular person checking in probably would have had no problem. I was probably the first non-rev stand by passanger that she checked in.

The777Man

Flightsimboy

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Nice to see a report on the TK 77W out of LAX. Would have been great with sharper pictures lol, but I'm not complaining.

Is that the Turkish logo on the side of the meal cart?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/The777Man/TriponTK040.jpg

777way

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Quoting oa260 (Reply 1):
Will be interesting to see how well this route performs. The Indian / Pakistani communities have to be a target for TK. Even the Balkans.

There are billboard in Karachi promoting thew new LAX service.

MHTripple7

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:54 am

Your trip reports continue to impress me! You always seem to fly on new 777 routes right as they start. Very cool.

TK looks like a great experience overall, and I wouldn't mind flying on their 77Ws one day. I actually saw one of their 77Ws in LAX a few days back while waiting for my V Australia flight to SYD.

The777Man
Topic Author

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Quoting flightsimboy (Reply 27):

Is that the Turkish logo on the side of the meal cart?

Yes, it is. Looked great!

Quoting MHTripple7 (Reply 29):
Your trip reports continue to impress me! You always seem to fly on new 777 routes right as they start. Very cool

Thank you; I try my best

Quoting MHTripple7 (Reply 29):
I actually saw one of their 77Ws in LAX a few days back while waiting for my V Australia flight to SYD.

Looking forward to your trip report  

The777Man

NuD38

Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi everyone, and thank you for the trip report The777Man.

Quoting OA412 (Reply 19):
Think I read that LAX-IST is TK's longest flight.

You are absolutely right. IST-LAX is the longest TK flight with 6865 miles. Second longest is IST-GRU with 6575 miles.

There were add for hazelnuts in the inflight magazine as well so perhaps it's a Turkish thing ?

Turkey produces almost 75% of worldwide hazelnut production.

I might fly the same route very soon.

NuD38

LAXintl

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 pm

here is no flight to ATH 1h25 later as you say, at least not for June.

The TK1849 IST-ATH operations varies a bit, but I understand its supposed to go to 1835 departure in late June pending slots which would make the LAX connection (along with ORD/IAD/YYZ).

Quoting 777way (Reply 28):
There are billboard in Karachi promoting thew new LAX service.

My comments were directed at ex-LAX sales focus.

Flightsimboy

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Quoting NuD38 (Reply 31):
Quoting The777Man (Reply 26):

I wasn't the one who said anything about the hazelnuts LOL

lewis

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 32):

The TK1849 IST-ATH operations varies a bit, but I understand its supposed to go to 1835 departure in late June pending slots which would make the LAX connection (along with ORD/IAD/YYZ).

Unfortunately not for mid-June when I am traveling.  

Oh well, maybe next time?

NZ107

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Lars,

Another nice report of yours, thanks for sharing. It's nice to see so many 777s covered!

Amenity kits were handed out by friendly flight attendants. The one thing I didn’t like was the two-prong outlet for the headset which it would be more difficult for me to use my own headset

I'm sure Radioshack or some other electronics store would sell the adapter. It comes free with Bose Noise Cancelling Headsets 
I noticed that the flight was about 30 % full

Ouch, that sounds pretty low.

and interestingly, both Coca Cola and Pepsi were offered

I remember EK doing that on my first flight with them (77W) and too bad I was on the aisle that was being served Pepsi!

Food looks decent, especially for ex-LAX. I wouldn't mind trying them out sometime; I guess the question would be how!

C'mon, Air NZ's 77W!

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure!

Cheers,
Nicholas
It's all about the destination AND the journey.

The777Man
Topic Author

Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Nicholas!

Quoting NZ107 (Reply 35):
I'm sure Radioshack or some other electronics store would sell the adapter. It comes free with Bose Noise Cancelling Headsets

I'll try that.

wouldn't mind trying them out sometime; I guess the question would be how!

There are talks that they may start service to Australia later this year or next.

C'mon, Air NZ's 77W!

I have flown NZ 777 already just not sure I'd want to fly on that for a long flight to New Zealand or Europe. It seems uncomfortable.

The777Man

joe777

Fri May 06, 2011 4:16 am

Great TR on one of TK's new routes!

Having read a few TRs and heard from many people, TK's longhaul product looks quite encouraging I must say. Though do you think it competes with Middle Eastern airlines like EK, QR, and EY products?

Looking forward to see more trip reports  

Cheers,
Joe   

The777Man
Topic Author

Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am

Quoting JOE777 (Reply 37):
Though do you think it competes with Middle Eastern airlines like EK, QR, and EY products?

Yes, in Y, TK definatly can hold their own against QR, EK and EY. IFE is better on EK and about equal to QR and EY. Food is much more flavorful on TK than the Gulf carriers but larger portions on the Gulf carriers. The Gulf carriers tend to have more Indian type food whereas TK seems to have more European style food.

I was VERY impressed by TK and highly recommend to fly them.

The777Man

joe777

Fri May 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Quoting The777Man (Reply 38):
Yes, in Y, TK definatly can hold their own against QR, EK and EY. IFE is better on EK and about equal to QR and EY. Food is much more flavorful on TK than the Gulf carriers but larger portions on the Gulf carriers. The Gulf carriers tend to have more Indian type food whereas TK seems to have more European style food.

Interesting to know. Then I would definitely consider TK for one of my future planned longhaul flights  

Cheers,
Joe