robso2

RE: 25K Miles In 5 Days! 2*LX F, OZ F, LH F

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Fantastic! What a great trip and really enjoyable read. Also thought the photos were great. I love the look of LX's F product - everything is so simple, which makes it elegant in its own way. By contrast, the LH F looks clunky and rather unflattering (although as you noted the food looked very good). Thank you for taking the time to write this up!
733/4/5/6/7/8/9, 319/20/21, 752, 744, 772/W, 332/3, 343/6, E70/90, AT43, AR85/1, D38, D10, M82

jetblue777

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Nice Trip Report! I love Asiana, the pictures are amazing and I definitely find ICN as one of the best airports in the world. It was nice that you flew on the 747 and surprisingly, for the first time! Do you know the reg. of the 747 Combi that you flew on the ICN-FRA leg? There's only two of them left in OZ's fleet, HL7421 and HL7423, I flew on both on the JFK-ICN-JFK but in economy though. However, it was the front economy section (the business class section on regular 747s) like you pictured, so I had a great view of the engines! Nice TR once again, it's always nice to see trip reports about my favorite airline.

JetbBlue777
It's a cultural thing.

Burj

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:19 am

Wow love all the photos and the details...

The Asiana FA looks so graceful preparing the seat/bed...

EddieDude

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:20 am

I hate you.

No, seriously, what an awesome report! It is fantastic loveofflying!!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I loved it. I especially liked it because I was in MUC and FRA back in April, and in ICN back in May, so I could not help but remember my own flights and time spent at those airports.   Again, thank you so much. I look forward to your next trip reports!!!
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

loveofflying
Topic Author

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:55 am

Quoting robso2 (Reply 1):
Fantastic! What a great trip and really enjoyable read. Also thought the photos were great. I love the look of LX's F product - everything is so simple, which makes it elegant in its own way. By contrast, the LH F looks clunky and rather unflattering (although as you noted the food looked very good). Thank you for taking the time to write this up!

Thank you very much! Indeed, LX F is just fantastic!!  
Quoting JetBlue777 (Reply 2):
Nice Trip Report! I love Asiana, the pictures are amazing and I definitely find ICN as one of the best airports in the world. It was nice that you flew on the 747 and surprisingly, for the first time! Do you know the reg. of the 747 Combi that you flew on the ICN-FRA leg? There's only two of them left in OZ's fleet, HL7421 and HL7423, I flew on both on the JFK-ICN-JFK but in economy though. However, it was the front economy section (the business class section on regular 747s) like you pictured, so I had a great view of the engines! Nice TR once again, it's always nice to see trip reports about my favorite airline.

Thank you very much! I flew on HL7423.   Great aircraft.   Have a few flights now booked in F for the 380, looking forward to it!

Quoting Burj (Reply 3):
Wow love all the photos and the details...

The Asiana FA looks so graceful preparing the seat/bed...

Thank you! Indeed, the OZ F/As were really nice and graceful...

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 4):
No, seriously, what an awesome report! It is fantastic loveofflying!!! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I loved it. I especially liked it because I was in MUC and FRA back in April, and in ICN back in May, so I could not help but remember my own flights and time spent at those airports.   Again, thank you so much. I look forward to your next trip reports!!!

Thank you! Glad it reminded you of your trips. I like when trips reports do that!
Fly the DC10 before you can't!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:13 am

Wow, incredible photos from your travels! LH F and Swiss F both look incredible, and I'd agree with you, LH's service is very photogenic. The half cut egg is pretty amazing ...

After traveling in those cabins, I agree with you that Air Canada J looks pretty basic and boring!  

Thanks for sharing

Matthew (767747)
I love to fly!

loveofflying
Topic Author

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:44 am

Quoting 767747 (Reply 6):
Wow, incredible photos from your travels! LH F and Swiss F both look incredible, and I'd agree with you, LH's service is very photogenic. The half cut egg is pretty amazing ...

After traveling in those cabins, I agree with you that Air Canada J looks pretty basic and boring!

Yes, the egg was very amazing! My dad and I were very impressed.

Indeed, AC J looks very bland compared to F! Imagine however if we had been in Y for the last leg!!  

rogerbcn

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 am

Hola Loveofflying!

Great TR as usual on your writings, very detailed and interesting to see a SFO-ZRH on LX F.

By coincidence this TR came in really handy as I am taking some of the same flights to YYC via SFO on LX F, so I know what to expect right now. Great. I am really looking forward to flying LX on F, for the first time, and I sure I will not be disappointed by their service, food and seat...

Thanks!

Roger
"At reise er at leve" H.C. Andersen (Travelling is Living)

loveofflying
Topic Author

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 pm

Quoting ROGERBCN (Reply 8):
I sure I will not be disappointed by their service, food and seat...

I am sure you will not be disappointed!  

Thank you for your comments.

vietsky

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 am

Hi loveofflying,

Amazing T/R

I noticed in the HKG - ICN leg, it had Dinner and Snack serving or it was an option between those two?

Among Lounges u have visited, I have found Asiana FC is the best. Look like a nice library (with food of course   ).

and what's up with all the food in the Asiana FC   Simply amazing.

Looking forward for your future T/R

Vietsky

loveofflying
Topic Author

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Quoting vietsky (Reply 10):
I noticed in the HKG - ICN leg, it had Dinner and Snack serving or it was an option between those two?

I think it was an option, although I'm not sure as I tried to sleep as much as possible. OZ seems extremely generous with their food portions...  
Among Lounges u have visited, I have found Asiana FC is the best. Look like a nice library (with food of course   ).

I completely agree. The best in my opinion too.

Amazing T/R

Thank you!

retrolivery

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Quoting loveofflying (Reply 11):

Looking closer at the menus, it looks like the options for both HKG-ICN and ICN-HKG were printed - makes sense so you're not printing more menus than needed, which gets very expensive.

Same goes for the OZ ICN-FRA flight - it appears that the options for both segments are printed in the same menu (you can see a small tab in the upper right-hand corner of some pages detailing whether the option is available ICN-FRA or FRA-ICN, etc.)
A3, AA, AC, AI, AK, AM, AP, AZ, B6, BA, CO, DL, EK, EY, FL, FI, FR, KL, KM, LH, MA, MH, MS, OA, OK, OS, SR, TA, TG, U2,