spitfire2500

Emirates A380 From Johannesburg To Dubai.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:39 am

Hi,
After years of anxious waiting,reading,following progress,being at the airport way back in 2006 for the first arrival of the new Airbus 380 ,i finally got my chance of flying on the beauty.I booked my flight on Emirates for the 2nd October 2011 from Johannesburg to Dubai.This was their second flight to Johannesburg.I arrived early-about 3 hours before flight time,just to be sure i can book a good seat.I have already browsed the seating plan and was going to sit behind the right wing.I wanted to see those huge wings first hand.The plane arrive on time and what a beauty she was.That huge nose just looks pretty.Boarding was done in blocks,and to my surprise took only 25 minutes.But apart from the size everything looks the same as a A340 on the inside.The seats are thin and the legroom crampy.And when the passenger in front of you reclines his or her seat you cannot sit up right,then you can,t see you IFE screen.Lift off was smooth for such a big bird.As always Emirates cuisine was outstanding.But it surely gets cramped for a 8 hour long flight.We were fully booked,so no spare seat.When we arrived close to Dubai,the Captain said that we were going to go around the airport for a while because the airport was very busy.Here i must say i got an extra 15 minutes of flying for my money!But when we came in to land all hell broke loose.The plane shaked violantly.The wings went up and down.And when we came above the runway it was as if the plane just fell right down!!With a loud bang.People were screaming.I was totally stunned.Everybody went quiet for a while.I am a frequent flyer,have flown on almost every plane model available today,but this was my worst landing ever!!.I flew back on 19 November again on the A3380 to Johannesburg.I wanted to see if it was the plane or the pilot.Thank goodness when we landed in Johannesburg the plane flared a bit and what a smooth landing.Now i know it is the pilot who screws up and makes us all stressed.I am happy i waited so long to fly the 'GAINT OF THE SKY'

Best regards
Spitfire2500

airjamaica

RE: Emirates A380 From Johannesburg To Dubai.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 am

Quoting Spitfire2500 (Thread starter):

Would have been great if a few pics were added to your Trip Report.
greenheart